Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's not like I was picking a fight. My comment was literally banter on preference (even obvious preference) so I put it in here.

yeah

just saying i think you're talking about maximizing accumulations and she's talking about actually having to deal with the mess

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Honestly the NAM run wasn't that good for us...mostly light snow with wave 2 which we know isn't going to cut it during the daytime in march.  Looking at the 6 hour precip plots on IMW verse the radar on TT shows it starkly.  

Shhh.. just look at the 10:1 snow/sleet maps & think happy thoughts

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Honestly the NAM run wasn't that good for us...mostly light snow with wave 2 which we know isn't going to cut it during the daytime in march.  Looking at the 6 hour precip plots on IMW verse the radar on TT shows it starkly.  

I mean obviously it’s all relative. I much prefer 12z over 6z. 

2 minutes ago, feloniousq said:

This has Jim Cantore on the Mall written all over it.  I'm sorry, there's no way we are getting 15-25 inches of accumulation in daylight with temps in the mid-30s.  That NAM 3k snow map is hilarity--and most people know that--but there are definitely plenty that won't.

?? Nobody is getting 15-25" out of this. That is 10:1. Best case scenario for the city is maybe an inch of sleet followed by 2-4" or maybe 3-5" if they're lucky of snow. Nothing more. Nobody is getting their hopes up about a late March blizzard. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

?? Nobody is getting 15-25" out of this. That is 10:1. Best case scenario for the city is maybe an inch of sleet followed by 2-4" or maybe 3-5" if they're lucky of snow. Nothing more. Nobody is getting their hopes up about a late March blizzard. 

Actually I could see the top end being a little higher if we really get a stall of the low in the right place with a CCB overhead.  I don't think that's the most likely scenario but I could imagine a 4-8 type deal if everything broke right.  

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Mappy kinda said the opposite in the other thread after I posted that, so...

In any event, sleet would beat rain to start this thing. If it stays sleet, that would suck, but would still beat rain.

A sleetfest with a few inches of wet snow works well this time of year if you still want to have something on the ground for more than a few hours after it stops.

10 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

There are plenty of people "getting their hopes up" and plenty of people saying "I know it's not 10:1 BUT snow maps have been underestimates all year1!!1!!1!" 

Just now, Interstate said:

I need Mich to play Kansas in the final game with Kansas winning.

WVU is my wife's team. I don't ever have a dog in this fight - LSU is not a basketball team and we really don't have any at all in Louisiana, so I've never been into March Madness.

Now I at least have a team to follow.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not quite sure what people look for around here. Peer reviewed posts from mets and old timers about the Zeroth law of thermodynamics every time the NAM runs?

You’re going to have redundancy and amateur hour when you have amateurs comment on something as complicated as wx. Mods do their best to cut the real crap (I should be a mod btw :P).

We fight the same battles every single time and we don’t even have a real solution to what grinds everyone’s gears.

Reasonable discourse grinds my gears get that out of here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived