Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

12 minutes ago, T. August said:

What are you at on the season there? 16”?

My parents live near his place in Millville. They're around 17/18" or so. The Jan 4th blizzard was extremely difficult to measure with the drifting. Spotter in the area had around 16", so it was something like that, plus a small event early in the winter. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

My parents live near his place in Millville. They're around 17/18" or so. The Jan 4th blizzard was extremely difficult to measure with the drifting. Spotter in the area had around 16", so it was something like that, plus a small event early in the winter. 

It was really difficult to measure. 50-60 mph winds will do that. lol. At Rehoboth, I guesstimated a foot, but there was just so much blowing and drifting it really was hard to say for sure. I think that area had at least 2 other smallish events.

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It was really difficult to measure. 50-60 mph winds will do that. lol. At Rehoboth, I guesstimated a foot, but there was just so much blowing and drifting it really was hard to say for sure. I think that area had at least 2 other smallish events.

Yeah. My dad said that was the craziest wind in a snow storm he'd ever seen and he's lived in MD area his whole life and saw many blizzards, including Feb 2013 up in Waltham, Mass with me and my friend. 4-5' drifts against the house. Pics were nuts. I know you got hammered up in Rehoboth. I really wish I could've chased that storm. 

12 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. My dad said that was the craziest wind in a snow storm he'd ever seen and he's lived in MD area his whole life and saw many blizzards, including Feb 2013 up in Waltham, Mass with me and my friend. 4-5' drifts against the house. Pics were nuts. I know you got hammered up in Rehoboth. I really wish I could've chased that storm. 

That was a bonafide blizzard. I know we usually get blizzard warnings whenever we get the big KU events, but only a few in my mind actually qualified. The other one that stands out to me as a true blizzard was the second storm in Feb 2010. That had some serious wind along with the heavy snow.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

I do. Please post

Ha I have.

My take yesterday was a bit on the deb side based on what I was seeing at h5 with all the shortwaves and the trough progression, so I decided to keep quiet. Until I didn't. lol.

I do like the latest NAM and Euro- pretty close to something nice. Lets see how things progress today.

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

A prolonged sleet event would prime the roads and sidewalks to accept the snowfall if/when it changes over to snow. I would take sleet to snow over a rain to snow scenario 100 times out of 100 if I have to have a mixed event.

No offense, but...I don’t think this is  anything that anyone else wouldn’t say.

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No offense, but...I don’t think this is  anything that anyone else wouldn’t say.

Mappy kinda said the opposite in the other thread after I posted that, so...

In any event, sleet would beat rain to start this thing. If it stays sleet, that would suck, but would still beat rain.

15 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Mappy kinda said the opposite in the other thread after I posted that, so...

In any event, sleet would beat rain to start this thing. If it stays sleet, that would suck, but would still beat rain.

I think she was saying that she’d rather rain than sleet that sticks around longer than progged.

There’s no doubt that starting as sleet is far more preferable. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived