joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, yoda said:

Sigh... I dislike Syracuse

As a Purdue grad (for undergraduate work), who likes to also see the Big-10 do well in the tourney...yeah, kinda sucks to have a high seeded B1G drop out.  Of course, if it were IU I might have felt less charitable, haha!  The very end of that game was almost painful, I swear the clock would never run out, with each team trading fouls after each went to the line respectively!

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For some folks this is the only sense of control they get in their lives. The rest of their lives are dictated by a spouse, a boss, family members, financial limitations...

I should delete this just because I can

28 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm no genious. I've just wasted way too many hours over the last decade staring at this crap. It's safe to so now that wave 2 is legit. Getting some nice convergence on that. Gfs went colder in the mids with wave 1 but not enough to save my yard. All in all I loved the run. Upside is gaining traction 

I see what you did there, genius. Well-played.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

If I provide the satellite coordinates to my front yard, will someone please tell me to with a tenth of an inch hiw much snow I am getting and exactly when it will start and when it will be heaviest and also how long it will last?

kthx - will hang up and listen 

Bonus if it’s outside the forum

Here’s how our winter weather expert Wes Junker sees things …This two-wave storm system has evolved into yet another difficult forecast for the area, with the chance of significant snow in the immediate metro area from wave No. 1 on the ropes, but not out. Wave No. 2 is even more uncertain, but could still deliver a bit of snow.

National Weather Service: Tuesday: -Rain and sleet before 11am, then rain, snow, and sleet. High near 36. Northeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tuesday night: -Snow and sleet likely, becoming all snow after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

From the CWG discussion this afternoon and the current NWS forecast for my area ...

I always regret reading sobering CWG and the NWS forecasts during these types of events.  I hate them  saying "nothing to see here" putting a damper but by no means extinguishing my hopes and 10/1 fantasies. ... Perhaps they are secretly optimistic about wave 2. 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Adopting the PSU method of panicking your way to a jackpot?

:lol:

No panic. I’ve been zen for the last few weeks because my expectations are through the floor at this point. I’m in full-on spring mode, so whatever happens is only serving to delay warm sunshine and hours spent in the garden on the weekends.

I’ve been out of the loop for a little while.  Last I looked, the euro was showing 20” for a lot of us.  Guessing that’s off the table now?  What’s the “boom” potential with this one?  I see Bobchill talking about wave two a little.  Oh, and to be specific, I’m talking about western fairfax county! 

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

:lol:

No panic. I’ve been zen for the last few weeks because my expectations are through the floor at this point. I’m in full-on spring mode, so whatever happens is only serving to delay warm sunshine and hours spent in the garden on the weekends.

spring mode, nope. going to be 3 weeks to get some good back to back spring weather round here if we are lucky.   

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived