Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

In his defense, did you see how bad that program was before him?  He has made them relevant again.  Their problem, as it always has been since Ralph, is they can't land the blue-chip athletes.

You make a good point about the program. However, no other schools ever failed as epically as they did tonight. Those Alums are filthy rich, take no prisoners types. They are embarrassed enough over last Summer's events. Now another black eye on Charlottesville. Personally I don't care. I enjoyed watching UMBC and hope they go far. Great job.

Just now, Stormpc said:

You make a good point about the program. However, no other schools ever failed as epically as they did tonight. Those Alums are filthy rich, take no prisoners types. They are embarrassed enough over last Summer's events. Now another black eye on Charlottesville. Personally I don't care. I enjoyed watching UMBC and hope they go far. Great job.

Unfortunately, they have a rich history of failing; see every year since 1980 (save 1984).  Their penchant for choking has been around a lot longer than Bennett.  I think it's just a cursed school.

36 minutes ago, T. August said:

Oh okay, thanks. I didn’t realize I mentioned anything regarding knowledge or any kind of skill or experience. I’m in banter, and so are you.

you are what I’m talking about

Yes, indeed - banter it is...  Unfortunately, your not getting the point.  Whenever someone barely out of their teens rants for others to grow up with expletives the stark irony of the concept befuddles even rudimentary logic and perspective.  Plus, the attempt at rhetoric was simultaneously mirroring the very same ideal your attempting to condemn.  Perhaps in 30 or 40 years you'll be able to reflect on the concept.  Have a great evening...

This area is a bit creepy. Getting snow with a solar altitude of 52 degrees is not creepy at all. It's not like we are in the Andes.

I digress I could go on further on why this region is unique and shouldn't be taken for granted. Nobody does snow at sea level on March 22nd at 38N (even less with models showing snow in Southern VA). Not the first time but it's not terribly common.

If you haven't lived outside of mid-atlantic you won't realize how much of a gem it is. Snowing at sea level and then 80s the next day. Just unreal. Ah yes I remember now the game has changed.

@Bob Chill

Hemi Truck Talk.

Was all set to get a Borla axelback exhaust installed last week when my Jeep started running rough. Threw up a trouble code indicating misfire on cyl 3. Replaced the coil pack and the 2 plugs for #3, and still had the problem. I bought a Platinum warranty with the truck so I took it to the dealer. They checked the injector, did a compression and leak-down test, and everything checked out. Turns out it was the damn PCM. Odd thing is I had a transfer case issue last summer and it appeared to be the actuator motor for the dry clutch pack, but nope it was the T-case control module. Interesting that the computer/electronics ends up being the issue more than the mechanical stuff. Really strange. Anyway PCM on order and I should have it back on Tuesday. Hopefully it's cured and I can get that exhaust installed.

6 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

This area is a bit creepy. Getting snow with a solar altitude of 52 degrees is not creepy at all. It's not like we are in the Andes.

I digress I could go on further on why this region is unique and shouldn't be taken for granted. Nobody does snow at sea level on March 22nd at 38N (even less with models showing snow in Southern VA). Not the first time but it's not terribly common.

If you haven't lived outside of mid-atlantic you won't realize how much of a gem it is. Snowing at sea level and then 80s the next day. Just unreal. Ah yes I remember now the game has changed.

You may be more articulate, but your incoherent, disconnected ramblings rival that of our president.

[mention=2035]Bob Chill[/mention]
Hemi Truck Talk.
Was all set to get a Borla axelback exhaust installed last week when my Jeep started running rough. Threw up a trouble code indicating misfire on cyl 3. Replaced the coil pack and the 2 plugs for #3, and still had the problem. I bought a Platinum warranty with the truck so I took it to the dealer. They checked the injector, did a compression and leak-down test, and everything checked out. Turns out it was the damn PCM. Odd thing is I had a transfer case issue last summer and it appeared to be the actuator motor for the dry clutch pack, but nope it was the T-case control module. Interesting that the computer/electronics ends up being the issue more than the mechanical stuff. Really strange. Anyway PCM on order and I should have it back on Tuesday. Hopefully it's cured and I can get that exhaust installed.

Just curious do you care much about brands/manufactures in vehicle reliability or is that not something that’s not important to you. I’m looking for a new commuter car now vehicles are on my mind now.

4 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

Just curious do you care much about brands/manufactures in vehicle reliability or is that not something that’s not important to you. I’m looking for a new commuter car now vehicles are on my mind now.

Absolutely. Of course I like big powerful fuel hogs so there are obvious trade offs lol. Just figure out exactly what your priorities are and do some research. Cars.com is great if you are looking for a quality used vehicle. I found my last 2 from that site. I never buy new. Find a clean, relatively low mileage, 3 year old vehicle with a good history. Bang for the buck.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I should have made a different comparison. My bad. Best not to bring political discussion here. The great majority don't want it, and it wont go well.

Yup - in hindsight, I agree.  Will edit my response (if I still can).  Still agree with your original premise about the incoherence. 

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I should have made a different comparison. My bad. Best not to bring political discussion here. The great majority don't want it, and it wont go well.

Almost said something. But Nah. After all, after seeing last nights model discussion thread a heated political debate might be a breath of fresh air compared to that steaming pile of....

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Almost said something. But Nah. After all, after seeing last nights model discussion thread a heated political debate might be a breath of fresh air compared to that steaming pile of....

A positive trend on the 12z model suite and the bipolar pendulum will once again swing towards 12 o'clock. Not saying that will equate to better posts though, lol.

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Thanks. I was hopeful it would just fade away on it’s own. We don’t need that here :) 

@C.A.P.E.

Does not surprise me at all. Unfortunately, Mopar is known for pcm stuff and electrical goblins. Almost all high performance motors are prone to it. Especially turbos and more manufacturers are going that direction. I went with a hemi because I personally don't like turbos but they are here to stay. 

It'S exactly why I'm going to buy the lifetime maxcare when my bumper to bumper runs out in July. Squeezing the sick amount of HP out of these motors is all technology based and every single thing the motor does is computer controlled. Pcm problems at some point are part of the game. It was most likely software and not hardware related but debugging software is more expensive and time consuming than just putting in a new brain. 

The good thing is the chances of it happening again is fairly slim. And I'm with you, I'm not going to be on this planet all that much longer so I'm going to enjoy the F out of my time left. 400hp mated to a beautifully programmed 8 speed trans and magnaflow exhaust makes me smile every.single.time I sink my foot into it. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived