SnowHabit
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

@Cobalt

Glad you like that event as much as I did! I have a ton of pics and videos that are too big to post here. A few of us commented on the Southern MD / Eastern Shore thread as it was happening:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/45374-southern-md-lower-eastern-shore-weather-discussion/?page=28

Didn't follow weather as much as I do now (only times I had ever fully measured a storm were March 5th 2015 and the blizzard), but I'm pretty sure I got some accumulation too. Some snow in shaded areas IIRC during the morning of football practice.

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Amen!  Heck, on March 30, 2014, no less...I recall getting an inch in about an hour or so.  Right in the middle of the afternoon, when heavy rain transitioned to sleet then missile-sized flakes for awhile.  It stuck immediately because it was coming down to beat the band.  And that was on a completely rain-soaked surface.

That was crazy storm here.  One of my favorites. 8 inches here with some wild dynamics. I think sparky got 6. Just 7 miles down the road got 4 inches and only 2 sloppy inches in Reisterstown. But even 2 sloppy inches was impressive.

There's a reason why the great winters are great and the horrible ones suck.

46 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This damn thing turned into another Boxing Day. We are simply cursed this winter. When I can chase multiple storms to my beach place over Oakland you know things are screwed up. 

I'm not sure it's really a "curse" as much as it is a recurring pattern that tends to show up in La Ninas that hasn't been talked about enough. Look at this year, last year, and the 2010-2011 winter... how many times have we seen the storm track that hits the southeast then swings around to hit Delmarva, NNJ and SNE? You see that same snow hole from Winchester to DCA show up again and again.

Most important run of the GFS for tracking season in just a few hours. Place your bets! I’m guessing “late night happy hour” ensues.

OR

We’re heading for an iceberg...which we’ll probably miss...because it will have melted as close in...and our ship will run aground in Boston harbor instead. Which is fine. I paheked my cah in Havahd Sqeeh. 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Most important run of the GFS for tracking season in just a few hours. Place your bets! I’m guessing “late night happy hour” ensues.

OR

We’re heading for an iceberg...which we’ll probably miss...because it will have melted as close in...and our ship will run aground in Boston harbor instead. Which is fine. I paheked my cah in Havahd Sqeeh. 

I’m drinking either way, so cheers!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived