Just now, Cobalt said:

I will not post the SREFS which are bullish

So how are the SREFS looking? 

4 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

8-12'' of snow or nothing at all. 8-12'' of snow or nothing at all. 8-12'' of snow or nothing at all. 8-12'' of snow or nothing at all. 8-12'' of snow or nothing at all.

3-5" is my benchmark from this storm (and hope) . I'm assuming that would all come in the front end thump, if at all. Would put me near double digits on the year

Today I was so kind as to take my dad to CharlesTown. Then the sob wanted to leave at 440pm. At 5pm CharlesTown got totally destroyed by a once-in-a-lifetime snow squall. All that fresh snow and I missed it. That cloud was black as night. It was PITCH BLACK. It even had one hell of a FUGLY wall cloud, straight out of a tornado chase in Tornado Alley in May. The snow shaft was thick and big and bad and anything underneath it was likely totally destroyed.

That historic squall was my last chance.

I would have happily given everything I have, even my home, as is, just to have been able to stay for 30 minutes and get to see the last snow of my life.

I will probably never take that selfish pos up there ever again. The traffic around I 66 was straight out of Hell itself. It took an hour to go 250 feet.

That was my last chance. Next winter I will probably be unhappily living in south texas. They regularly hit 73 degree dewpoints down there in Jan and Feb. Climate change is turning that place into a sauna year round. I'll drink myself to death.

I'll never be happy ever again, after missing a once in a lifetime snow squall. That was my chance and I missed it. I was right there, with it on the literal doorstep, and I was forced to leave.

Dude, models are ****ed. There is a glitch in the program - Things are at like 98/100. For example, major record breaking -PNA, look at 7 negative waves around the NAO, it was could have been a Greenland anomaly. This storm going south on 0z GFS vs north. The storm that was rain a few days ago, how that happenened after 594 heights day, like to snow would have been obvious 0-75. Stratosphere warming, record MJO, record mid Atlantic ridge all happening together in cord. This major +500mb anomaly for the last 10 days over area in Canada and Greenland that is only place in Northern Hemisphere centered ridge with -anomaly for Winter. It's not real; it's a trick to make believe small world

The patterns are real, the one's that do it are not. Or only as strong as you make them 

9 minutes ago, Ji said:

its a wonder how we ever get snow.....like 50 things have to go right....so far this event we have worried about phasing, the transfer, the 50/50 ULL, the southern stream being too weak..the canadien shortwave diving down into our storm....lack of high pressure....qpf being too dry on NW side...etc

It's as simple as the perfect golf swing 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived