Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Can’t wait for severe.  I usually miss those storms as well. 

I miss wearing shorts and a t shirt.  It’s mid March so while I’m still craving a snowstorm because we haven’t had a decent one since 2016, I’m definitely getting tired of the cold.

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Epic collapse by VA Tech last night........

I'm fully expecting same from UVA today, hard to beat a team 3 in a row (Louisville), especially after that last second 3 pointer last game. 

Just incredible really (VT Grad here).  That's what happens when your foot comes off the gas.  It seems like VT is a lot like our model runs...Take one step forward (Duke win) then 2 steps back (Louisville, Notre Dame).  Welp, on to the NCAA!

1 hour ago, LP08 said:

Just incredible really (VT Grad here).  That's what happens when your foot comes off the gas.  It seems like VT is a lot like our model runs...Take one step forward (Duke win) then 2 steps back (Louisville, Notre Dame).  Welp, on to the NCAA!

Yea they seemed rattled after that technical call. Still not sure why it was called when the ND player ripped the ball out after the whistle. 

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It should be any time now that Phinn comes in and tells us this will come north.

And I don't disagree. 

They don't always. Not even close to always. I saw reference in that thread to Jan. 30, 2010 - but that was super helped by being crazy cold and those of us in our area on the edges did great maximizing QPF. We don't have that advantage for March 11. We need this to be a qpf bomb over our area to get a legit snowfall out of it this time of year. I am certainly skeptical of that kind of adjustment, given that we had that on the modeling and everything has fled from it in the last 24 hours...

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

They don't always. Not even close to always. I saw reference in that thread to Jan. 30, 2010 - but that was super helped by being crazy cold and those of us in our area on the edges did great maximizing QPF. We don't have that advantage for March 11. We need this to be a qpf bomb over our area to get a legit snowfall out of it this time of year. I am certainly skeptical of that kind of adjustment, given that we had that on the modeling and everything has fled from it in the last 24 hours...

Agree 100%. This one is over.  A car-topper sunday-night that gets vaporized by 8AM, with some white rain/rain during the day Monday.  No thanks.

Somebody pull the plug on this awful frustrating winter. My goodness. We can’t buy a storm. Northern Florida has more snow this year then D.C. It just doesn’t want to snow here. Sorry for the venting. I don’t usually do this, but I’m human too. I feel for everyone. It just plain sucks!! 

Worst winter in my personal life history on earth dating back to the late 70s. Torture chamber here. Record cold and no snow, snow in every state around us, not us, model teases all year then take it away. Horribly inconsistent guidance, and top it off proper tracks following arctic air dissipating. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived