Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Congrats on the over-performer for those who've seen SN, thus far.   

Stopping for a short nap...until about 715 am...here in Old Saybrook, CT.  Still planning to travel to Scituate for the 11 am high tide.   

42f/-RN

Good night and good luck to each of you!

Be sure to take and post lots of pictures!!!

4" so far in Reading, VT, at 1600' with moderate to heavy snow. 28F

Wind not too much of a factor yet (though just as I was typing heard a gust).

I'll be interested to see how much we end up with. We're a little north of the heaviest stuff per the models, but this place is a bit of a snow magnet.

Now to decide on whether to ski Okemo, Magic, or try to make it down to Stratton.

32 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah this is the storm I have been waiting for. I’m at the my house at 1800’ and the snow is surprisingly low density. Probably 12 to 1. I’m thinking we run at 2’

The web cams down there are looking solid.

Mount Snow is just ripping...when the wind gets going it looks like blizzard conditions.

36 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah this is the storm I have been waiting for. I’m at the my house at 1800’ and the snow is surprisingly low density. Probably 12 to 1. I’m thinking we run at 2’

How are winds?  I'm debating driving the extra 40 minutes (in dry weather) to Stratton, but am worried I'd have a white-knuckle drive to find wind holds everywhere.

Had a little sleet/snow on the ground in places when I left for work this morning. Temp is surprisingly low here in downtown Worcester 33-34F on my car thermometer. If this goes over to snowpaste sooner rather than later, with the winds ripping like they are...could be a lot of trees and powerlines down

Archived