• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

I don't know if it's accurate but the very last frame of Intellicast's ptype rad product shows that all of the western half of Worcester CO just flashed to heavy snow. 

I wouldn't be shocked if it's true, however, as even at 39 F I have cat paws occasionally mixed into sideways jungle drops here in Ayer... Basically, from 190 west ..that's about 6 miles west of me as the Noreaster wind flies...

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know if it's accurate by the very last frame of Intellicast's ptype rad product shows that all of the western half of Worcester CO just flashed to heavy snow. 

I wouldn't be shocked if it's true, however, as even at 39 F I have cat paws occasionally mixed into sideways jungle drops here in Ayer... Basically, from 190 west ..that's about 6 miles west of me as the Noreaster wind flies...

CEF started reporting -RASN so maybe that triggered the algorithm?

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know if it's accurate but the very last frame of Intellicast's ptype rad product shows that all of the western half of Worcester CO just flashed to heavy snow. 

Still raining in Leominster right on 190.  

Wachusett webcam still mostly rain

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like CC is tickling east.

Looks like it's creeping just east of 395 ORH to RI-CT border... anyone know what ground obs at Worcester?

Wawa cam might be down? Lift is still operating which seems outdated, and still mix on what's shown currently

And yeah...the inner disk of lower CC is approaching BOX...maybe 700ft AGL out on the NE corner of RI? So flakes are trying to mix down out there.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good question...no idea.  I have cat paws mixed in with weird drops so hefty in size the melt level has to be fairly low.  But it's 39 ... I think if we can shave a couple ticks ...but, it seems it's legit either way

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That's what we've got at mia casa. Temp is 37.

it's probably going to slowly change over to snow right up to the point it stops... LIM as snow --> ass shafting ... heh

I’m in Ware and it’s all rain

3" in Canaan, 2" in Norfolk, the inch of slop I had is gone... but Scholarie cty FTW!!!

..Schoharie County...

Richmondville 32.0 1218 PM 3/02 WeatherNet6

Jefferson 26.0 1154 AM 3/02 WeatherNet6 

Schoharie24.0 1116 AM 3/02 WeatherNet6 

Cobleskill19.7 1223 PM 3/02 Public

Surprised at the 1-2" of paste at home.  Looks like an April event.

Winter wonderland again.  Just plastered up and down the trees.  Covered up the bare spots where the pack rotted out.

Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised.