Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

These winds have been gusting past 80mph here no official measurement, but it's a guess given how the winds been blowing, trees down wires down I lost power fifteen minutes ago, temp is dropping fast now, 37F

Just imagine the damage you’ll see when that first twilight arrives and dawn awakens.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We need a photoshopped ani gif from Eric showing Jay calmly playing his violin while Kevin and Ray jump over the railings.

Yeah. We haven't seen a good Jay gif in a while.

I admit it.  I was pretty bad earlier this week with my "preparing my water pump" post, knowing that the rain was coming. and my bridge jumping from yesterday...and the total meltdown a few weeks ago, but at least Jay keeps it positive and balances things out.  

This winter for the most part has been a loser for many.

Edit: I meant Eric gif.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we have almost no wind here in interior .. interesting.  Just dim butterscotch sky with gentle breeze at 39 F...

Also, I distinctly recall seeing several model depictions that showed accumulations in SE zones ...and west, while not putting much down in between. Well -

You mentioned that convo with Harv...it took until this thing really went bonkers and closer to the H5 center to pull off the flip and possible accums.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we have almost no wind here in interior .. interesting.  Just dim butterscotch sky with gentle breeze at 39 F...

Also, I distinctly recall seeing several model depictions that showed accumulations in SE zones ...and west, while not putting much down in between. Well -

You get your sick wish on this one of snow lovers swallowing pill bottles whole.

But we also know there’s no spring coming..so we make ourselves puke them up.. living for another month 

Just now, Cold Miser said:

I admit it.  I was pretty bad earlier this week with my "preparing my water pump" post, knowing that the rain was coming. and my bridge jumping from yesterday...and the total meltdown a few weeks ago, but at least Jay keeps it positive and balances things out.  

That post was totally about your weenie. Water pump my @$$.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

I don't know if the euro did that bad. It's been pouring here and it had a torched surface despite what some snow algorithm said and marginal 925 at best.

nothing did that bad ...or  good.  Every model did well at one point or another, and did bad too. I saw two Euro runs, back to back, that had no storm at all ...as it crunched it all south/weak.. 

People are pissed ...those that allow them selves to feel jilted over not getting snow - ... so, instead of reflecting on what is wrong with their own self that needs to drill into modeling for mood control, they'd rather blame the models.

I'm telling you outside in the objective world, it was a tough storm to handle and they all had good and bad points along the way. 

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Haha thank you

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

nothing did that bad ...or  good.  Every model did well at one point or another, and did bad too. I saw two Euro runs, back to back, that had no storm at all ...as it crunched it all south/weak.. 

People are pissed ...those that allow them selves to feel jilted over not getting snow - ... so, instead of reflecting on what is wrong with their own self that needs to drill into modeling for mood control, they'd rather blame the models.

I'm telling you outside in the objective world, it was a tough storm to handle and they all had good and bad points along the way. 

I was more speaking to last night's run and today's run. Whatever weather.us put into their snow algorithm, it had surface temps no lower than 35-36 anywhere east of the berks.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I seem to remember people saying no way SE MA ends up with more snow than the ORH hills in this type of storm. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Snow mixing in here.... looks like the lift might even be south of here.

the 50,000 ft radar evolution over the last two hours really shows a dying system.. .

This thing maxed at noon... Now, we are crumbling to pieces. The rad returns out in eastern NY are not even behaving like they are tied into the circulation ..doing that decay as puddle on reflectivity thing.

Anyway, you guys are probably good to go down your way for several more hours.. but it may also get lighter .. The wind that is roaring is an isallobaric pulse and will slacken some as the evening progresses...

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You get your sick wish on this one of snow lovers swallowing pill bottles whole.

But we also know there’s no spring coming..so we make ourselves puke them up

But the precip will be over soon for you..it won’t rain all night at all. It’s already over here.  Thing is moving out quick..no stall for us.  Just Breezy here..  

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I was more speaking to last night's run and today's run. Whatever weather.us put into their snow algorithm, it had surface temps no lower than 35-36 anywhere east of the berks.

oh, I know ... I just meant in general re 'people'

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But we also know there’s no spring coming..so we make ourselves puke them up.. living for another month 

Yeah, this was a shi8tty one.  Weenies will be popping pills while jumping at the same time to make sure the job is done right.

I really hope something comes together for mid-week otherwise I will probably lose my sh*t.  If these rainy winters are an indication of the not so distant future around here then I may just row out in to the ocean and slip overboard with my snow blower tied to my ankle.  

Just now, Cold Miser said:

Yeah, this was a shi8tty one.  Weenies will be poppling pills while jumpinb to make sure the job is done right.

I really hope something comes together for mid-week otherwise I will probably lose my sh*t.  If these rainy winters are an indication of the not so distant future around here then I may just row out in to the ocean and slip overboard with my snow blower tied to my ankle.  

Much better antecedent cold to work with on that one . And there’s a few more in the pipeline. So we robbed Peter to pay Paul

4 minutes ago, rnaude241 said:

I seem to remember people saying no way SE MA ends up with more snow than the ORH hills in this type of storm. 

Heh, not personally sure who said what ... but, if they did... I can imagine why. I mean it's not really climatologically sound to think otherwise.

This whole event had a lot of uncharacteristic anomalies to it so many sort of  "101" prognostic applications/techniques wouldn't have sufficed ...

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at a radar 

I did..it’ll be over soon for sure...if you have another hour or two you’re lucky. It’s sinking southeast fast.  Shield is breaking up fast too.  

Why do you always try to fool yourself?    I told you this morning it would be over by 10 pm... midnight the latest for CT.  

If you lived in the Cape you’d be going for a while, but not here.  

Archived