Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Time to pull the plug on snow. This will be tough pill to swallow. We aren’t gonna magically find cold air. Tip gets his sick wish about his love of seeing snow lovers upset . I went from elation to deflation over the last 30 minutes. Maybe next week works out for us. 

Kaitlyn is untossed.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Time to pull the plug on snow. This will be tough pill to swallow. We aren’t gonna magically find cold air. Tip gets his sick wish about his love of seeing snow lovers upset . I went from elation to deflation over the last 30 minutes. Maybe next week works out for us. 

Yeah I was thinking there would be a nice period of heavy snow for a while, but this looks like a dud. Can't get them all to break our way.

The positive busts are at risk, but I would be surprised to see a shutout in Boston / eastern SNE... 

18z 12k/3k NAM do not snow until ~8pm

20z RAP has it mixing ~8-9pm

WaWa still struggling at the moment. I think we circulated in some warm air (you can actually see a pulse at 850/925 on RAPs) that got mixed down, set us back a few hours...

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

While looking at 700mb fronto, there is an area of precip being generated from that level rotating around the storm's center that will help give the firehose a bit of a push north or maintain its' current position it would seem.

Yeah that is going to hit eastern areas around 00z-05z or so....maybe even linger a bit longer.

If there is a 4th quarter comeback in the snow department, it will be from that.

Just now, wxsniss said:

The positive busts are at risk, but I would be surprised to see a shutout in Boston / eastern SNE... 

18z 12k/3k NAM do not snow until ~8pm

20z RAP has it mixing ~8-9pm

WaWa still struggling at the moment. I think we circulated in some warm air (you can actually see a pulse at 850/925 on RAPs) that got mixed down, set us back a few hours...

Wave the white flag man. Snow lovers lost this in New England. Only solace we can take is there’s zero warmth or spring in sight , and we’ll get our day back next week 

I called this days ago, this would be a non-event for CT snow wise, and was laughed at. There still will be some 6-12" amounts in the NW hills but less than 1% lives there. 

I'm thinking this may be too high with totals but sticking with it, can't wait to see what verification looks like for this storm.

03_01.18_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.f49d7b01ab99e0de69f3f5d16fc3a909.jpg

43 minutes ago, MarkO said:

temp still on the rise here in Lowell. Not looking good for my area, although could see a few flakes by 9pm I guess.

Drying out up here. Radar shows echoes over me and down into W NH in the Sunapee area but it's  all aloft now.  The ceiling looks to be above 7000 feet other than some scattered lower clouds.  I can now see up to 35 miles to my SW.  Winds have really died down.  Temp is holding at a balmy 41F.  I expected temps to be falling steadily this late in the day... 

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I called this days ago, this would be a non-event for CT snow wise, and was laughed at. There still will be some 6-12" amounts in the NW hills but less than 1% lives there. 

I'm thinking this may be too high with totals but sticking with it, can't wait to see what verification looks like for this storm.

03_01.18_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.f49d7b01ab99e0de69f3f5d16fc3a909.jpg

I'm definitely busting low unless it rips for a few hours, but that doesn't seem likely...i will say areas to my NW and W have verified warning criteria...last report of 6" from Sharon and at 2:30 Canaan had 3" and was puking flakes...

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This will flash and give Bob like 5". Watch. The latitude of that part of SE MA will benefit from the hose.

Another late season marginal event that owned me (4/1 last year)...next time, I'm just going to go low on snow...save days of obsession and a better verification. 

Archived