Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CEF started reporting -RASN so maybe that triggered the algorithm?

Good question...no idea.  I have cat paws mixed in with weird drops so hefty in size the melt level has to be fairly low.  But it's 39 ... I think if we can shave a couple ticks ...but, it seems it's legit either way

I don't know if it's accurate but the very last frame of Intellicast's ptype rad product shows that all of the western half of Worcester CO just flashed to heavy snow. 
I wouldn't be shocked if it's true, however, as even at 39 F I have cat paws occasionally mixed into sideways jungle drops here in Ayer... Basically, from 190 west ..that's about 6 miles west of me as the Noreaster wind flies...

I’m in Ware and it’s all rain

3" in Canaan, 2" in Norfolk, the inch of slop I had is gone... but Scholarie cty FTW!!!

..Schoharie County...

Richmondville 32.0 1218 PM 3/02 WeatherNet6

Jefferson 26.0 1154 AM 3/02 WeatherNet6 

Schoharie24.0 1116 AM 3/02 WeatherNet6 

Cobleskill19.7 1223 PM 3/02 Public

So Jim Cantore is running up down this "Turner Street" in Scituate gawking at the power of the wave action and overwash... pointing out how perilously close to destruction are the homes that line that street. 

I'm like, ... this only leads the question:  Why are there dip schit homes on Turner Street ?  ...nothing else mass-media wants me to react to is going to work -

No sympathy and frankly...unimpressed.  The day a f'n tsunamis knocks on the door of the Worcester Hills, then we'll talk.. Otherwise, mass -media has made an economic engine out of the perception of natural disasters.  Look, storms are gonna storm... along the coast, with violent wave action and wind, just as they have for million of years of any coast of any ocean on the planet.  It's all 'drama news'?  It's basically taking anything that completely fits the natural order, and spinning it for the hoi polloi as though it's something unusual. 

There is nothing usual about big storms tossing boulders onto land... that fact that there are homes in the way of that, the news story is the idiocy of the homes -not the storm.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been a strange system so far out here. 

I'm getting nervous about my 8-12'' here lol. When I woke up and saw it had already started snowing I was pumped...it seems like we are in some sort of subsidence maybe? It finally has just started picking back up though 

4 minutes ago, White Rain said:

The low level temps are discouraging, after dropping a few tenths of a degree, temps have started climbing again. No more snow mixing in either.

Def still fighting that 900-925 layer...that should start cooling pretty quickly soon though as the WAA basically shuts down. It's been a battle between the WAA and dynamic/latent cooling for a while.

WaWa webcam was basically all snow a little while ago but now back to basically white rain/cat paws. But 925 should really cool faster soon according to most guidance.

Archived