SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't be long on the ORH spine now...lots of 35s 36s for temps, so that latent melting should work down relatively quickly. WaWa webcam is already showing aggregates mixing into the fray in bursts

It will take a bit longer just east where its close to 40F

9 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

Up to 19" here now.  I saw 22" in Westkill...which is an elevated valley a bit southwest of Hunter. Probably a few more inches fell since then. Also 22" in Richmondville in central Schoharie county.

Saw 24-26"  reported in Schoharie county west of Albany too just updated.  3ft in those spots seem possible. One of those reports was at just 600FT too.

They had 24-36" last March, so lets not feel too bad for you Albany folk..lol. Im guessing you probably had around 2ft+ last March.

2 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Saw 24-26"  reported in Schoharie county west of Albany too just updated.  3ft in those spots seem possible. One of those reports was at just 600FT too.

They had 24-36" last March, so lets not feel too bad for you Albany folk..lol. Im guessing you probably had around 2ft+ last March.

Yea, they’ve made for years of brutal shafts with 2 systems in back to back March’s. 

Yep 2 feet mid March last year. Then you had to go back to Feb. 2010 for another 20"+ event and that was massive with 46". Then back to VD 2007 with 24". Then back to Xmas 2002 when 36 inches fell.

But our fair number of 12, 13, 15, 18 inches deals thrown in.

12 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Shouldn't be long on the ORH spine now...lots of 35s 36s for temps, so that latent melting should work down relatively quickly. WaWa webcam is already showing aggregates mixing into the fray in bursts

Nasoba Valley as well, but the slopes took a hit with the rain.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Report of snow on Park Ave Orh

24 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Same here in WeHa. We're up to 39F. 

Same here up in Ayer Mass... N. Middlesex...just start.

Intellicast ptype rad shows tendencies to flash as we type ...  I have huge drops with fragmented frozen and it's 39.5 F 

8 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

Should note that the 46" event for me in February 2010 was only a foot in ALB proper. So they had a pretty long drought.

There was a February 2014 (Valentines Day #2?) event I think that my parents had like 20" or something in too... the general ALB area has had some whoppers, especially in the hill terrain. 

About an inch up here with light snow, lol. 

Archived