joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m certain he didn’t look at anything and he saw Bobs post 

Kev, this is over in CT by Midnight at the latest probably earlier than that for most...unless this thing stalls for a while, maybe it does but I wouldn't bet on that??  Always take the under on duration of precip...it always ends sooner rather than later in most cases.  

28 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Snow coming down heavier in Danbury at Westside Campus!!!!! I always forget our elevation. Like 600' or 700' or maybe 400'

Westside campus is in the 500’ range I believe. if you go up towards Richter and the neighborhoods behind it, you start climbing to the 800’ range. Use your compass on your phone.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Westside campus is in the 500’ range I believe. if you go up towards Richter and the neighborhoods behind it, you start climbing to the 800’ range. Use your compass on your phone.

yeah some of those neighborhoods are pretty damn high up. I'm almost tempted to walk down the hill and see if its raining at the bottom or snowing

28 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Snow coming down heavier in Danbury at Westside Campus!!!!! I always forget our elevation. Like 600' or 700' or maybe 400'

Nice i used to live up there at Centennial Hall, but the very top i remember checking with my GPS was like 750' and the bottom of the hill was around 450-500'.

Is it all snow there? How much do you have?

DXR is reporting Rain/38F

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Nice i used to live up there at Centennial Hall, but the very top i remember checking with my GPS was like 750' and the bottom of the hill was around 450-500'.

Is it all snow there? How much do you have?

DXR is reporting Rain/38F

yeah it's all snow...coming down moderate too. I posted a video on twitter but I'll take another video, upload to youtube and post here. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah some of those neighborhoods are pretty damn high up. I'm almost tempted to walk down the hill and see if its raining at the bottom or snowing

I’m pretty sure its close to 1k in certain spots. we were looking at a house there in the fall and the first thing I did was, I whipped it out...the virtual compass......and it was 880’ Great weenie spot but a Chitty house. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah it's all snow...coming down moderate too. I posted a video on twitter but I'll take another video, upload to youtube and post here. 

Nice.

NWS says DXR is at 489ft. And if i remember correctly my GPS would use to measure between 400-500ft driving from west side to midtown campus. I have to believe the top of that hill is at least 700ft if not 800. But my GPS could have been wrong too, so who knows. 

You can use your phone and go here: https://www.whatismyelevation.com/ And also toggle between your phone and the web for elevation and get a good idea from that. That's what i use now it seems pretty accurate. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m pretty sure its close to 1k in certain spots. we were looking at a house there in the fall and the first thing I did was, I whipped it out...the virtual compass......and it was 880’ Great weenie spot but a Chitty house. 

:lol:

This is at least a nicer part of Danbury. Being so high up too offers such great views. Our balcony gets a great view off to the west so hopefully we can get some good convection before the semester ends. 

I don't know if this diurnal or storm attributed but ... we are up 3 F here in Ayer (N. Middlesex in interior Mass).. .it's 36.5 from 34 at dawn...   As they say in "Plains, Trains, And Automobiles," "You're going the wrong way!" 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Nice Video Weatherwiz, that looks like some solid S+. Having a hard time sticking to paved surfaces right now i see, probably mid 30s. Grassy areas and car tops are getting covered though. 

You could make out with 6+ up there from this.

DXR jumped up a degree from 9-10 which sucked but I hope eventually we can get this to stick to the roads. I'm hoping for 6''+ b/c my forecast for this area was 8-12

Archived