Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still going to be interesting to see how much we see the snow get beaten back to the west today (if at all)... as speculated yesterday it looks like some of the 6z models continue with the idea of more widespread snow this morning, then slight warming through the morning hours before it all crashes back this afternoon.

Early this morning, this matches pretty well what is happening.

hires_ref_neng_4.png.c241a4ceb507c5bdc792ee769afb9ad5.png

Then 11am the snow line is pushed back to the NY border.  It all crashes after 18z though quickly.

hires_ref_neng_11.png.9d20a7c2cc4c89531ee14e91a29abcc2.png

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still going to be interesting to see how much we see the snow get beaten back to the west today (if at all)... as speculated yesterday it looks like some of the 6z models continue with the idea of more widespread snow this morning, then slight warming through the morning hours before it all crashes back this afternoon.

Then 11am the snow line is pushed back to the NY border.  It all crashes after 18z though quickly.

Nailed it.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome post, it will be fun to see how models fair.  I'd hate to have to foreast this storm.  Weenie goggles have me seeing the warm layer getting washed out some by heavy precipitation rates and latent cooling. 

14 minutes ago, JJBASHB said:

Awesome post, it will be fun to see how models fair.  I'd hate to have to foreast this storm.  Weenie goggles have me seeing the warm layer getting washed out some by heavy precipitation rates and latent cooling. 

Yeah its a tough call.  Could see it going either way. 

Archived