Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MarkO said:

41.5/36 in Lowell. Looks like I'll probably be around 39 when the rain starts.

Unreal that all of this works out perfectly, and we don't have a serviceable airmass and the thing remains progressive despite full capture.

Final Call

http://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2018/03/short-term-blizzard-friday-night-final.html

Upstream observation. Snowing in Toronto. Started around 8:00. My son seemed to think there was virga being shown by the lights of the CN Tower. There are advisories for 10-20cm of snow about 20-25 miles southwest of here, 5-10cm here in the city. Lucky me, I miss out in the good stuff here and back at home in VT. :(  It’s cool to see it snow from the 21st floor in a big city though. 34f right now. 

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can hear the wind already. Didn’t think it would be gusting to 30 already. 

Eric Fisher said the tide was already 1ft above the forecast and that the storm surge was building. Good chance I lose power. Plymouth and Sandwich coast looks to get annihilated. Was listening to people on plum island say they weren't evacuating. I don't have a good feeling at all.

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

Eric Fisher said the tide was already 1ft above the forecast and that the storm surge was building. Good chance I lose power. Plymouth and Sandwich coast looks to get annihilated. Was listening to people on plum island say they weren't evacuating. I don't have a good feeling at all.

This is going to be a big time coastal flood event. The erosion is going to be significant.

Archived