Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1-2 wind event

Ji

57 minutes ago, T. August said:

Just south of Havre de Grace MD, on an inlet.

Nice...I'm actually up in Bayview Estates.  This has been the most impressive wind I've seen here since Sandy.  Northeast Harford County is a mess right now - we've had trees down and tractor trailers flipped over on both I95 and RT40 across the Susquehanna

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, MiddleRvrwx said:

2 Paddleboarders Missing, 3 Rescued On Severn River In Storm

Friday, March 2nd 2018
ANNAPOLIS, MD — Three paddleboarders on the Severn River were rescued by authorities while two other paddleboarders are still missing in the nor-easter, authorities said Friday. Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police and Anne Arundel County Fire Department crews are searching the river near Yantz Creek and Boone Trail for the missing water enthusiasts.
Shortly before 3:30 p.m., the Natural Resources Police tweeted that it had three paddleboaders safely on board a patrol boat. The search is still on for two more, the department said.

Who does that? Is this a joke?

42 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Apparently someone tried to call their homeowners insurance company about it and they referred them to the HOA, which does not pay for it.

That is strange... that is why you have home owners insurance.  As long as your roof was in good condition and a storm damaged it, they should pay for it.  My home owners insurance paid for mine back in 2011 when a storm ripped them off and caused leaks in the house.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Power went out here for about 30 mins. Just came back. Estimated time for repair was 4 hours, so looks like I wont have to leave the house for happy hour. 

Any flakes falling there?  That back edge looks to be getting close.

Got home to see the situation. Basketball hoop and picnic table blew over. Trampoline is thankfully still in place. Small branches down in my yard but a couple trees down in the neighborhood including one into the back of a house.

Some tree damage along 83 on the ride home. Had two full trash cans blow into the yard, one stayed intact with the lid on, the other we can’t find the cab itself, just the lid and bags of trash.

Mr Map is out fixing the pool cover as part of it was flapping in the wind. Otherwise no tree damage in the yard.

20 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It feels like the winds are worse now than they were earlier through Baltimore metro. Got hit with a crosswind gust waiting at a light and the right side of the car started to lift up.

Yeah the winds here the past 30 mins have been impressive too. Seems things slacked off just a bit over the mid afternoon hours but now getting some serious gusts again.

Right on the edge of the precip band retrograding westward too.

1 minute ago, Amped said:

I don't know how 985 low is producing higher winds than a 945 low in close to the same position.  For Frederick this was worse than Sandy and the derecho.

Sting jet. Good mixing, probaly a bunch of different factors. 

Archived