Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1-2 wind event

Ji

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Where did you see that? I don’t even see liberal leave for GSFC.

Unless the OPM page itself is lying - it's been up there for quite some time. I wonder if there's some caching issues - twitter lit up with it a few hours ago. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, just got the text. Don’t think I’ve ever seen OPM have a higher code than GSFC.

Goddard can be stingy with their decisions sometimes.  For the January blizzard in 2016, OPM was closed for Monday - Wednesday the following week while we had to go back on that Wednesday with a late opening.  It happened another time in 2014. I’ve been surprised with a couple of their decisions this winter to remain open with code blues.  

Wow Mappy, nice house and yard!  I can't believe Fed Gov closed -- I can't remember ever closing before without good snow, except once in 1994 due to extreme cold.  I got work to do and have my laptop, so I'm working anyway.

35 here with on and off flurries.  The heavier showers are rotating down just east of us.  We get some strong gusts, then it calms way down for periods.  I brought all the bird feeders down - sorry birdies!

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow Mappy, nice house and yard!  I can't believe Fed Gov closed -- I can't remember ever closing before without good snow, except once in 1994 due to extreme cold.  I got work to do and have my laptop, so I'm working anyway.

35 here with on and off flurries.  The heavier showers are rotating down just east of us.  We get some strong gusts, then it calms way down for periods.  I brought all the bird feeders down - sorry birdies!

oh that's not my house/yard. i took that pic after dropping my kid off at daycare. hahaha

1 minute ago, BlizzardNole said:

OPM closed during Sandy for two days. 

17 minutes ago, JH89 said:

Goddard can be stingy with their decisions sometimes.  For the January blizzard in 2016, OPM was closed for Monday - Wednesday the following week while we had to go back on that Wednesday with a late opening.  It happened another time in 2014. I’ve been surprised with a couple of their decisions this winter to remain open with code blues.  

Yeah I think I recall Jan 16 now that you mention it.

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

OPM closed during Sandy for two days. 

Oh you're right.  I'm getting old LOL.

I'm thinking it's about to get wild in bit when we get more mixing in daylight hours.  I am glad that my whole area has underground wires.  I've lived here since 2001 and have never lost power due to a weather event, only two times due to construction crew mistakes.

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Guesstimate but winds have been steady 15-20 mph with higher gusts reaching mid 30's though we did have one that may have hit 40 just a couple of minutes ago. Snow has picked up to almost moderate levels though nothing is sticking yet. Temps now sit at 33.

You need to get out of that valley. Almost an inch here it looks like. 

Archived