Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1-2 wind event

Ji

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have lost a fair amount of roof shingles and some large tree branches, but that's the worst of the damage so far in my yard.  What was surprising was seeing the basketball hoop at the top of our driveway that has a base filled with about 250 lbs of sand flipped over with the backboard on the ground and the base standing on edge.

5 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Have lost a fair amount of roof shingles and some large tree branches, but that's the worst of the damage so far in my yard.  What was surprising was seeing the basketball hoop at the top of our driveway that has a base filled with about 250 lbs of sand flipped over with the backboard on the ground and the base standing on edge.

dang! We have an umbrella in the pool area that is like that, but we took it apart for the winter so only the base is left outside. but good to know those things aren't completely wind proof. 

4 minutes ago, Abbyme24 said:

Yes thankfully! Now I am hyper worried aboutall the other trees. And yes close actually on the other side of Taney in Glen. 

Cool! We are only a mile or two apart!

Once the winds die down a bit, I'd like to walk through Sudbrook Park and see if they lost any of their huge trees. I hope not. :(

Archived