Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

True for the Ops maybe but I think the H5 progression on the GEFS and GEPS are arguably the best yet. Let’s see what the EPS serves up.

I haven't had time to look yet. And these suppressed solutions were within the spread already so it could just be a case of the ops spitting out a bad run. But that did both move towards weaker by ejecting things in pieces and I'd rather not go that way. But I'm not going to over react to a couple bad ops. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Dude, the EPS suite is MUCH better than 0z. Much bigger cluster of nice hits i95 and west compared to any previous run. 

And there we go. All 3 major ensemble systems showing solid mean solutions is what you want at 6/7 day leads. Near miss op solutions just deprive us of pr0n maps.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Dude, the EPS suite is MUCH better than 0z. Much bigger cluster of nice hits i95 and west compared to any previous run. 

That's awesome! I'm good with the ops being south as long as the esembles have a nice spread with hits mixed in. South may not be a bad thing 6- 7 days out.  

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

@ji 

Step away from the ledge....

JyJ0Bkw.jpg

Not bad...definitely some nice hits in there (caveats about snow maps aside, just an overall picture here).  You said this is actually better than the 00Z EPS (which I haven't seen)?  A few of those show heavier snow to the south of the DC area, wonder if that implies a timing difference...i.e., moving northeast still.  Or are those southern solutions with DC/NOVA/MD on the northern periphery?

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived