• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 1-3 -NAO Comeback Coastal Discussion/OBS

The Iceman

I am in awe of what this storm is doing. Cant really find a non windy spot but in Abington we are about 5"+. This is almost better then tracking a big storm. ITs going to get really bad tonight if it gets cold.

Just shoveled out my wife spot and my walkway. This is the worst shoveling snow! And I loved every second of it

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power off/on for the 3rd time...thankfully for only a couple minutes each time. Printer is saying WTF?...as it has to reboot each time the power comes back on.

Although snow is lighter and in a bit of a lull...the precip isn't really moving and will still fire up and the stuff to the west will have to pull eventually. Late night treat?

2 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Currently am seeing some of the heaviest returns all day c82d03397514cd5f66c20e7f841c54ae.jpg

We were watching that down there.  Also - charge your phone!!!!!!  :o:P

It has lightened up a bit here  and now down to SN from the earlier SN+ still with pancake flakes and 33F.  The winds are a bit calmer but still getting strong gusts.

3 hours ago, The Iceman said:

snow is blowing sideways right now and it looks like it is dusk outside. really dark and gray. low visibility. I think slush is accumulating on sidewalks in trenton and on lesser streets. I'm very curious how back home in Levittown is doing. Does anyone in lower bucks have a report?

Moderate snow all day with very nice wind. Minimal accumulation if any at all, nice to watch though. At time flakes were very large but never got to heavy snow criteria 

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I swear the precip shield is moving more west rather than starting to scoop east off the coast....it may be snow/radar hallucinations.

*lights flickering again

That's because the circulation appears to be recurving around to the SE and then to the E (vs lifting to the NE) and its outer bands are expanding as they pull ocean moisture around the top -

longwave-ir1-goes16-03022018.gif

Pretty much a nonevent out here in Western Berks, dry roads and the ground  itself is actually drying out from the winds. incredible not a flake to be found when I saw those snow maps yesterday and it showed that loop around us I thought no way in hell that was going to happen. Ive been in dryslots and substance before but always ended up with something  

Still SN but the flakes are smaller.  Looks like stuff has just setup in a NE/SW band moving out of the NE over Upper Bucks, most of Montco, and down into Delco & Chesco including NW & West Philly.  Temp still 33F and still windy.

The city's ReadyPhiladelphia sent out an email noting they have been focusing on NW Philly for their crews.  We seem to have gotten an elevation snow boost here.

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

East Nantmeal Township

Chester County Pa

Just getting back into that heavy band (see purple) on radar - no doubt much more to my east as we have been on the edge of that band for the last couple hours

S+ temp 32.9

Snow so far 2.5"

439radar.jpg

Jeez...  I think all of that stuff on radar over my house just south of Reading must have blown into Chester County.  Received about 2 1/2 windblown flakes here on the day.

Continues to snow here in NW Chester County....surprisingly we just lost power for the 1st time today - it happens here so often that when it doesn't during a storm it's notable. Generator kicked in and I am back on line although only about 2/3 of outlets in the house are powered with the generator. Total snow so far today now up to 3.3" and the temp is 32.9. Looks like the heavier bands have stayed east of here all day. I would suspect that areas to the E/NE of here like Collegeville and Pottstown should have quite a bit more snow than here...unless elevation came in to play. Looks like snow should end here in next couple hours. Will post final snow and then melted totals later. 

Archived