Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1-3 -NAO Comeback Coastal Discussion/OBS

The Iceman

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pohopoco said:

There might be a Few people here in Carbon,Monroe and Sussex that are saying "we're pretty close to the B-word "...

Monroe County here...this is a blizzard. Whiteout conditions have been occurring since the late morning. And winds are gusting 40-50+.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

My propane tank failed and leaked out i am very bummed that i cannot bbq in a snowcane

Walmart..5lb bag of charcoal and a cheap ass one time use grill.

**Damn salt guy just came down the street...that irks me.(melting will occur) How dare he makes the roads safe for people!!!

Wasting all my 5 daily posts to get this out there....

If any of you live in the poconos, don’t even attempt to come home. All roads are either closed or nobody moving....power lines down , accidents everywhere...even the tow trucks are stuck and can’t move.  Route 380 north out here has been closed all day! It’s the major interstate that heads north from here...to Wilkes barre and Scranton....people stranded in cars all day long with wind chills near 0 .  People involved in accidents, cops haven’t been able to get to them for hours now.  Complete insanity out here...look at maps.google.com and click on traffic tab in top left corner if don’t believe me.  Everybody’s stranded practically.

NAM was right again, as I’ve been saying for 3 days now.  

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

**Damn salt guy just came down the street...that irks me.(melting will occur) How dare he makes the roads safe for people!!!

Know what your right soldier i will have to get off my lazy butt and build a wood fire i have a trashcan full of dry wood all i need is a windbreak

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

:lol: i have that same irrational thought every time i see one pass as well....

6 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

:lol: i have that same irrational thought every time i see one pass as well....

I bought this one from walmart a time back. It's great for tailgating/camping and times like this...it's great for money. ($8.88) Small but good enough/sturdy and the legs fold up. Still use it to this day for certain things such as today..

http://tinyurl.com/y799uxxw

Edit: Meant for RedSky

Ice...yeah, salt trucks piss me off at times.

1 minute ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Happy for you PA guys but boy did we get raked over in central jersey. This is by far the worst white rain I’ve ever seen, such a tease, snowing/mix hard all day with literally nothing to show for it. 

I feel ya Pal,  well we finally have light snow at the moment and 25 miles to my East has been cashing in all Day. That's just the way it goes I'm sure youll get yours as the storm pulls out

Worcester, Pa  33 heavy snow. Winds have been strong but not in my opinion to high wind warning levels. Also noticed elevation is making big difference. Just a mile or so away snow has accumulated much more on roads and trees.  Power has been up and down maybe  15 times. Each time I think thats it, but it comes back up.

Central Montco has been in the thick of it all day. Not too far west not so much.

Archived