Newest Member
    SnowHabit
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

I can’t buy it anywhere.  It’s on the overfished list for like 3-4 years and most stores won’t sell it other than dedicated fish markets 

Lots of different types of flounder, the stuff at Costco isn't local stuff. Anyway, local flounder have PCB contamination, so you can't eat too many anyway. Fluke seem to be ok, if you can catch one big enough. Any flounder you buy is likely imported.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Mid 90s...we'd bring home 100 fish...no lie.

Yes we did. Even more in Boston. But Raritan was loaded. I remember sitting in an 18 footer in a northeast wind anchored on the clam beds on Round Shoal catching doubleheaders with two other guys on the boat. We almost sank on the way back to S Amboy. But it wasn't hook and line guys that did them in, it was trawlers and possibly warmer water temps.

Gotta get to bed, I'm a school social worker and one of my elementary schools has been closed all week because they decided to remove mold and in the process disturbed asbestos, so the kids have to go to the middle school on split sessions so its all hands on deck with angry parents. We could use a snow day as it would be one less to make up. Keep up hope. 3-6 will do it for us. Thanks to everyone for keeping my winters interesting here over the years, I've learned a lot.

Best part is if you go to  Upton winter forecast right now...the 1 in 10 chance high end snowfall is 3" IMBY lol...they have northwest Orange county with a 1 in 10 high end of 4"

Unless recent models are dead wrong...the public will be in for a rude awakening

It's still likely too warm with thermals in eastern NE. No way I buy NYC getting 10" of snow and Worcester managing 2". 
With this type of setup, it's not out if the question... Though I agr e with you. Highly unlikely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just now, jm1220 said:

It's still likely too warm with thermals in eastern NE. No way I buy NYC getting 10" of snow and Worcester managing 2". 

I disagree. The NE weenies wanted it both ways...they got their firehose, but firehoses from easterly flow rarely can sustain snowfall. 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I disagree. The NE weenies wanted it both ways...they got their firehose, but firehoses from easterly flow rarely can sustain snowfall. 

Yup.  Pretty sure Box stated earlier that the LLJ would counteract any dynamic cooling for eastern areas. 

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We've been living in a winter of extremes... maybe this is just another chapter in it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, sn0w said:

Best part is if you go to  Upton winter forecast right now...the 1 in 10 chance high end snowfall is 3" IMBY lol...they have northwest Orange county with a 1 in 10 high end of 4"

Unless recent models are dead wrong...the public will be in for a rude awakening

Thats my area and my p&c is for 1-3" lol.. 

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeap. Snowfall distribution may end up looking like 2/26/10 just with more love for areas along the NY/CT border.

Archived