Newest Member
    joxey
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Well 7 or so, yes, but I was thinking Bernie Rayo as well, and I don't think we would see 9, haven't yet this year. March storms for this area are not big snowmakers. The 9 on that map is a bit north of here. This would be starting as rain right?

I cannot wait for the big March blizzard that will eventually come so you can get this no big snows in March thing out of your head. This isn’t that storm however. 

im not biting on anything more then a couple slushy inches for the coast until tomorrow’s mid day runs. If the ccb and deform are still going nuts I’ll bite

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I cannot wait for the big March blizzard that will eventually come so you can get this no big snows in March thing out of your head. This isn’t that storm however. 

im not biting on anything more then a couple slushy inches for the coast until tomorrow’s mid day runs. If the ccb and deform are still going nuts I’ll bite

You'll be waiting a long time. But I hope to see one someday; burned in 2001 and last year. It hasn't happened since 93 around here and that still didn't top 10 inches. I don't know what the history is in your neck of the woods though. And ya know, I'm not saying its impossible. Of course it can and has happened, but its really uncommon. 8-9 inches around here in March would be a really big deal. It would be great. It's great anytime. I hope we can get something out of this system it looked really bad for us and I'm still not sold on it. But things are looking better.

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s impossible to go for more than a couple of inches here at this point. It could go wild like the NAM and we get crushed for 6 hours, or the rates could be lousy and we never really cool down and we get little. These setups west of the closed low are fickle and can fall apart pretty easy. But there are also times where it works out like Xmas 2002. This is one energetic upper air system though so we have a shot.

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’s impossible to go for more than a couple of inches here at this point. It could go wild like the NAM and we get crushed for 6 hours, or the rates could be lousy and we never really cool down and we get little. These setups west of the closed low are fickle and can fall apart pretty easy. But there are also times where it works out like Xmas 2002. This is one energetic upper air system though so we have a shot.

When I see Snow88 talking 2-4 then I stay cautious; the guy is usually bullish and he isn't going all out yet....

Archived