Newest Member
    joxey
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

as of now it looks like  the NAM with its outrageous snow totals will be the worst model for this storm unless it comes into line with the more accurate models at 0Z .

Do yourself a favor and look up Bernie Rayno on Twitter and watch his latest periscope. He thinks 3-6” in NYC is a lock and could see 12”+ if the storm bombs out as forecasted. He also believes most of the modeling has the heaviest precipitation too far East.

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Do yourself a favor and look up Bernie Rayno on Twitter and watch his latest periscope. He thinks 3-6” in NYC is a lock and could see 12”+ if the storm bombs out as forecasted. He also believes most of the modeling has the heaviest precipitation too far East.

The thing that always gets me is that there is a big difference impact wise between 3 and 6 inches; for most of us a slushy 3 is something to be careful in, but 6 is something you'd rather not drive in unless necessary, and above that it's best to stay indoors til its over unless you really, really need to go out, like you're a health worker or cop or something. Still Bernie is a reputable met, so I don't discount him.

Just now, jm1220 said:

21z Fri (Hr 39 in this case) has seemed for a few runs where the NAM wants to make things colder and have the CCB take over. That would be good since snow would fall at night. 

Models are still too warm and that precip shield should be more tucked in closer to the ULL.

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Also I don’t give a damn about sun angle. The dynamics are off the charts.

Yeah I mean we saw what April 2003 could do with all day time snowstorm that delivered 6-8" so the sun angle argument doesn't hold weight unless snowfall rates are low.

Archived