SnowHabit
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BxEngine said:

When did they move long island to orange county

Ha. Sorry. I meant in the NYC metro area.

I'm thrilled by this bust. Already have a solid coating on all cold surfaces and snowing light to moderate.

59 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Ha. Sorry. I meant in the NYC metro area.

I'm thrilled by this bust. Already have a solid coating on all cold surfaces and snowing light to moderate.

You still don't understand that Rockland and Orange Counties are part of the NYC metro area, or you just choose to ignore it, one or the other.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

You still don't understand that Rockland and Orange Counties are part of the NYC metro area, or you just choose to ignore it, one or the other.

no they are not their upstate  ....wow that means buffalo and watertown ny are also part of the nyc metro with your logic....

1 minute ago, nycwinter said:

no they are not their upstate  ....wow that means buffalo and watertown ny are also part of the nyc metro with your logic....

You've got to be kidding me. Rockland and Orange Counties aren't part of upstate. Upstate NY is Rochester, Binghampton, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany...

"Albany’s working definition of upstate New York is based on what lies outside the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s commuter rail area. Besides New York City and Long Island, it excludes Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam and Dutchess Counties."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/16/nyregion/what-area-is-considered-upstate-new-york.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Ugh what could've been. Had the airmass been just slightly colder this would've been a MECS. 

I guess any snow is a win considering it wasn't even in the discussion a few days ago.

How is this not a MECS? I realize that this won't end up being that big of a deal for the major cities, but just the coastal flooding and impacts from the winds alone make this a major storm. Any many, many areas are receiving significant snow accumulations and others significant flooding.

Archived