Newest Member
    SnowHabit
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

April 1, 1997, but a month earlier and a smidge south?

It’s the #1 analog on CIPS apparently. That’s always a caution flag for how well around NYC can do. Apparently that CCB didn’t produce despite us being in a good spot. I remember nothing about that storm and from everything I read it was a nothingburger around here. 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I do think temps crash as secondary rapidly takes over. 

I still would like the primary and secondary to shift slightly further south though. Plenty more shifts to go.

Has very little to do with the secondary... The position of the ULL is the key here. 

1997...I was in my teens flying out of EWR. Most flights cancelled. Snow/rain mix at EWR around 2pm or so. I think there was a slushy1-2 in for much of CNJ. I believe Sussex county got over a foot.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

1997...I was in my teens flying out of EWR. Most flights cancelled. Snow/rain mix at EWR around 2pm or so. I think there was a slushy1-2 in for much of CNJ. I believe Sussex county got over a foot.

was extremely sharp cutoff I got stuck in denville nj they had about 10 inches, Hopatcong got around 16 and I believe northern Sussex cty over 2 feet

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I was 10...the snow being so wet and heavy blew a transformer near me about a mile away...lit the sky so bright it was almost like daylight in the middle of the night. My parents thought our neighbor's house was on fire it was so bright, never seen anything like it. Don't know what made it any different than any other transformer explosion but it is definitely one of my most vivid memories of that age. I think we got about 15".

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

There was about a 5-10 mile radius centered on Manhattan that got less than an inch. Meanwhile N, S, E, W did better

All I cared about back then was how many flounder I could catch, if the storm didn't affect Raritan Bay, then I didn't care. The flounder fishing has since crashed.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

All I cared about back then was how many flounder I could catch, if the storm didn't affect Raritan Bay, then I didn't care. The flounder fishing has since crashed.

We haven't been able to actually fish for flounder with the regs, so who knows...they could be back.

Archived