Newest Member
    joxey
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Another huge 180 degree different run, huge shift, from the flip flopping, horrible NAM. Some of you guys let the NAM play you like a $3 dollar horn. This storm hasn’t changed in days. Still no cold air, zero cold air source, no cold air to the north to wrap in. This is not a metro area snow event, never has been never will be. Again, trace for the city maybe, Trace to maybe 1” for the north and west suburbs. This is strictly a dynamically cooled snow event for the higher elevations from Sussex and Orange County on north. People just continue to live and die with fantasy rogue snowy model run and dreams that “it’s getting colder”. Nothing has changed nothing will 

I agree with you and so does Upton and Mt. Holly. I said earlier in the day the NAM was total BS. 

1 minute ago, Neblizzard said:

You were hugging the European all winter before it crapped the bed many times.  You obviously don’t know how meteorology works.  Of course there is no arctic source but if you get a a perfect time closed low, dynamics and adiabatic cooling take care of that problem .   

Exactly

Chiristmas 2002 is an example

Retrogading storm of Feb 2010 is another example.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Why haven't you been banned yet?

Are you seriously dismissing every model that shows snow ?

You must be new to weather because the models are grasping the block up north.

Maybe you guys can have a wager. If neither of you get an inch, you don't post for a month. If either of you do, he goes bye-bye for a month.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

To be fair, the NAM is the 12z Euro on roids.  

Of course but saying that the nam is wrong because it shows snow is wrong. What about the Euro and eps ? The other models don't show snow right now but they came more southeast at 12z. 

Also , hi res models handle these storms better.

The pattern is a good one for snow. 

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Of course but saying that the nam.is wrong because it shows snow is stupid. What about the Euro and eps ? The other models don't show snow right now but they came more southeast at 12z. 

Also , hi res models handle these storms better.

ask MT. Holly and Upton 

2 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

You were hugging the European all winter before it crapped the bed many times.  You obviously don’t know how meteorology works.  Of course there is no arctic source but if you get a a perfect time closed low, dynamics and adiabatic cooling take care of that problem .   

This is a rainstorm for the NYC metro period. I don’t care what rogue model runs show and I’m well aware of what dynamic cooling is and NYC and it’s suburbs still aren’t seeing a snowstorm. The storm setup hasn’t changed. This is a snowstorm for upstate New York and the higher terrain of NW NJ and Orange County

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

What's your reason ? Nothing suggests this will be an all rain event.

Even the 12z GFS in its last couple panels showed NYC ending as snow.  See page 12, snowgoose has a good explanation.  I think the over-reliance on the veracity of the popular snow maps is causing some confusion re: the dynamic nature of this system.  How much is an open question, but it seems most models are showing a rain to snow type scenario.

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Idk why a lot people here get so angry so quickly.  It's the weather.   Discuss, debate and disagree but don't fight.  

I am debating and I am going with Mt. Holly and Upton in this situation as opposed to non - mets here - if they all of a sudden change to a snowier solution in their future packages I will go with them in this situation

4 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

ask MT. Holly and Upton 

I did......

4:56 discussion:

Steady precip associated with the weak sfc low to the west will continue
over the area Thursday night as the second low strengthens off the
coast. Temperatures will be warm enough for all rain most of Thu
night, but then the colder air will begin to move southward across
the Poconos by dawn Friday. The colder air will only deepen Friday,
so a WSW Watch flag for accumulating snow is being issued. Some
of the bufkit profiles are suggesting 5 to 7 inches could occur.
It will be a wet heavy snow. Confid in accumulating snow further
south is low (but not zero) attm. The 12Z NAM model continued
its cold solution for snow much further south.

They obviously are not discounting it, unlike yourself.

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

This is a rainstorm for the NYC metro period. I don’t care what rogue model runs show and I’m well aware of what dynamic cooling is and NYC and it’s suburbs still aren’t seeing a snowstorm. The storm setup hasn’t changed. This is a snowstorm for upstate New York and the higher terrain of NW NJ and Orange County

Ok snow88 vs snowman19  let the fun begin !

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

What’s your call for my street.

mt Holly calling for all rain.

2 minutes ago, erfus said:

Even the 12z GFS in its last couple panels showed NYC ending as snow.  See page 12, snowgoose has a good explanation.  I think the over-reliance on the veracity of the popular snow maps is causing some confusion re: the dynamic nature of this system.  How much is an open question, but it seems most models are showing a rain to snow type scenario.

He stated that the block should force this storm further south which is very true.

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

I did......

4:56 discussion:

Steady precip associated with the weak sfc low to the west will continue
over the area Thursday night as the second low strengthens off the
coast. Temperatures will be warm enough for all rain most of Thu
night, but then the colder air will begin to move southward across
the Poconos by dawn Friday. The colder air will only deepen Friday,
so a WSW Watch flag for accumulating snow is being issued. Some
of the bufkit profiles are suggesting 5 to 7 inches could occur.
It will be a wet heavy snow. Confid in accumulating snow further
south is low (but not zero) attm. The 12Z NAM model continued
its cold solution for snow much further south.

its only 4:23 - huh ?

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Snowman saying "no snow" and "torch" a couple times a day shouldn't be enough to put people on tilt.  He's batting .095 over the last few years.

He should be nearing his 5 post per day max which is good so we don’t have to listen to him for another 24 hours 

Can some red taggers respond.

Some are saying point blank that a snowy solution cannot happen. However, this has happened in warm air masses before. The NAM is obviously the high end outlier. However, the same can be said about the GEM being the low outlier.

Red taggers - is a somewhat snowy solution possible for NYC, coastal CT and non hill tops? Or in this set up is 1 inch plus of snow impossible?

Archived