Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Please!   If it isn't going to snow let's warm it up.   Today is awful cloudy windy and cold.

Really, today is beautiful here...sunny and 47 and it feels quite nice, and there's almost no wind here so it feels mild.  

But I agree...if we are done with the snow, then let's get the temp up to near 60 anyway with sunshine and light winds.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Really, today is beautiful here...sunny and 47 and it feels quite nice, and there's almost no wind here so it feels mild.  

But I agree...if we are done with the snow, then let's get the temp up to near 60 anyway with sunshine and light winds.

Cloudy breezy and 42° in Greenfield.

Ya cloudy and breezy this time of year is horrid....need the sun this time of year and light winds to feel decent.   I hate late March if there's no snow, and April is just depressing most years..damp, raw garbage more times than not.  Unless of course you get a nice mild spell and then it can be beautiful..but most times it isn't all that great.

looks like growing pains in the models as well as their concomitant ensemble means... 

They do this every year ... vacillate between shots of serotonin in the observer of the winter enthusiasts... couple cycles later, said enthusiast won't even be on the forum its so intolerable to look at for them.  

Kidding... but, there really is a lot of discontinuity going on in the ensemble means/tele's and well, it is not atypical for spring-time to see 'greater than normal' variability.  

Right now? It looks interesting ... the PNA is negative, but, the EPO is trying to dive in the GEF -based products, as well, the NAO is probably not through for the season as we've been discussing - just that as usual, it gets to be entirely insidious as to when it shows up (or not..) ... Probably it'll just throw BDs at us until jaded beyond the straight-jacket.   Assuming it does, the overall look is colder than normal for now... Can't stress enough though, that the variability above is likely the physical exertion in the runs of steadily increasing, fully integrating (in time) insolation as the inevitability summer nears - it almost makes any extended useless. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya cloudy and breezy this time of year is horrid....need the sun this time of year and light winds to feel decent.   I hate late March if there's no snow, and April is just depressing most years..damp, raw garbage more times than not.  Unless of course you get a nice mild spell and then it can be beautiful..but most times it isn't all that great.

There have been some miserable April’s but there have been some really nice ones too. We don’t have to deal with clouds and drizzle as much like the poor folks in EMA. 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There have been some miserable April’s but there have been some really nice ones too. We don’t have to deal with clouds and drizzle as much like the poor folks in EMA. 

Oh for sure I agree.  EMA/Seattle...is there a difference in April lol.  And yes, we've had some nice Aprils too no doubt.  If given a choice, I would like One more crack at snow event if we can't warm it up...especially the way Wednesday's deal went down for SNE...that puts a sour taste in the mouth for sure.   

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Please!   If it isn't going to snow let's warm it up.   Today is awful cloudy windy and cold.

Might make 2 years in a row in which Feb's mildest is much higher than that for March.  Last year it was 54 to 45.  We touched 55 last month and so for this month we haven't eclipsed the 45 on the 1st.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it can’t be warm at least have snow threats . Nothing worse than weeks of 40’s and 50’s

I don’t mind the upper 40’s and 50’s with sun and light winds, that’s fine. 

But Would love one last crack at a good snow event though, especially the way Wednesday’s deal crashed and burned..man that sucked!!!  

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

The outlook looks like a carboncopy of the NAEFS 8-14d.

The what now?

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it can’t be warm at least have snow threats . Nothing worse than weeks of 40’s and 50’s

You mean like every single spring? Ever? Except for that single lone exception we all know?

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nothing is worse that May, 2005 ... It is mathematically impossible

I'm trying to remember...way back when I was a lifeguard in the summer, we had a month where there was a cutoff from hell that just sat and sat and pinwheeled misery mist and 50s for weeks on end. I don't think it was May though because the pool usually opened after Memorial Day. Maybe June? At any rate, it was so miserable all the guards were bringing blankets from home and we didn't have a single customer in the pool for at least a week. That set the bar for what a miserable summer month could look like.

35 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm trying to remember...way back when I was a lifeguard in the summer, we had a month where there was a cutoff from hell that just sat and sat and pinwheeled misery mist and 50s for weeks on end. I don't think it was May, though, because the pool usually opened after Memorial Day. Maybe June? At any rate, it was so miserable all the guards were bringing blankets from home and we didn't have a single customer in the pool for at least a week. That set the bar for what a miserable summer month could look like.

That sounds like June 2003. 8 of the first 22 days of the month at BDL had a high under 70 and about 5.5" of rain to boot.

Archived