Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you wanted a line.. NNJ to E LI north 

Ya I have to say, the images you posted look good for SNE on those too...by just by looking at those I wouldn't think Pike North, but I'm no pro.  How the temp regime and all is, I don't know just by looking at those Ensemble images...but the look does look good for SNE in those images.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter (well March really) probably already had more of a damaging impact then 2015 around here. These past 3 storms were all big impact events locally. The amount of damage from trees down, coastal flooding, grid, and property damage is rather staggering for winter. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This winter (well March really) probably already had more of a damaging impact then 2015 around here. These past 3 storms were all big impact events locally. The amount of damage from trees down, coastal flooding, grid, and property damage is rather staggering for winter. 

I think damage in 2015 was mostly limited to roof/deck collapses and such... my memory might be faulty though.

The coastal impact of the first storm this month, then the paste bomb really did a number on some areas.

My BY has been spared any destruction, thankfully

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think damage in 2015 was mostly limited to roof/deck collapses and such... my memory might be faulty though.

The coastal impact of the first storm this month, then the paste bomb really did a number on some areas.

My BY has been spared any destruction, thankfully

There are people waiting for insurance adjusters because they are all swamped. 

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Glad we don't live there, The only damage inland is peoples feelings that thought that spring arrived the end of Feb.

2 years in a row now I heard a lot of people (not on this forum necessarily, though there were a few rumblings, but out in the general public) think winter was done in late February when we got those obscene torches and now two years in a row they get a rude awakening in March....remember before 2013 after a string of cruddy Marches we said we were due for some huge Marches? Well we've gotten them recently.

17 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Why you no like coastal folk?

Cuz they always complain when it rains (which is like never nowadays) even though it's supposed to rain on the coast. But in reality coastal peeps get pummeled with KU's year after year and heavy destruction like non-stop, all while telling inland folks they get plenty of snow and to suck it up.   

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

2 years in a row now I heard a lot of people (not on this forum necessarily, though there were a few rumblings, but out in the general public) think winter was done in late February when we got those obscene torches and now two years in a row they get a rude awakening in March....remember before 2013 after a string of cruddy Marches we said we were due for some huge Marches? Well we've gotten them recently.

Yeah, March has and always will be a winter month, We had a run of bad ones, The general public's memories are real short and think on 03/01 the switch gets flipped to spring, The winter enthusiast are walking around with pants tents over the last 10 days, But, I've heard nothing but bitching with all this snow from folks that dislike winter and i have been ribbing them and telling them this may even go into April this year.................:lol:

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nude awakening?

Maybe a sequel to dawn awakening.

10 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Cuz they always complain when it rains (which is like never nowadays) even though it's supposed to rain on the coast. But in reality coastal peeps get pummeled with KU's year after year and heavy destruction like non-stop, all while telling inland folks they get plenty of snow and to suck it up.   

Lol really? Most accept it. I feel the other way around hence whineminster. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol really? Most accept it. I feel the other way around hence whineminster. 

I feel like if people lived on the coast they would feel differently about their interior snows. 

The coast is more strike out or HR. The interior is more contact, lots of doubles.

41 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

“Supposed to rain on the coast” lol.

this is obviously wildly off base, but I’ll bite.

Places in SE Mass have seen 15-20” of rain during this winter season. We are getting plenty of it, don’t worry.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

“Supposed to rain on the coast” lol.

this is obviously wildly off base, but I’ll bite.

Places in SE Mass have seen 15-20” of rain during this winter season. We are getting plenty of it, don’t worry.

The rain this winter in SNE has been copious all around.  A lot more for your area, but still way above avg even in the highlands

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I seem to recall certain posters here saying how March was no longer a winter month and they weren't coming back.  ;)

I hear the same thing in the maple community.  Producers keep talking about tapping earlier and earlier due to warm outbreaks but also because modern tapping equipment allow for longer seasons and taking advantage of those early warm-ups.  Then we hit March and it turns cold again.  The public grumbling about the recent March's may also be because they have been repeatedly told that winter is ending earlier due to GW.

Archived