Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No spring or warmth as far as the eyes can see . The last few days a distant memory for folks that like that sort of thing 

So all those Warm March's and Morch's/winter is over by the end of Feb ideas that you were touting a couple weeks ago....You're not on that train any longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WinterWolf said:

So all those Warm March's and Morch's/winter is over by the end of Feb ideas that you were touting a couple weeks ago....You're not on that train any longer?

You change as the pattern changes. You evolve 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No spring or warmth as far as the eyes can see . The last few days a distant memory for folks that like that sort of thing 

of course. now that the snow is almost gone and we got a taste of spring, we reverse course. don't want it at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You change as the pattern changes. You evolve 

Lol ok...

 

Hope next week comes in hard and heavy....cuz so far this thing today isn't too impressive here...unless breezy/windy and some rain and snow mix is exciting???  

 

But man that Scituate picture is something else...Holy Smokes they are getting pounded out that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

of course. now that the snow is almost gone and we got a taste of spring, we reverse course. don't want it at this point.

Get up to the county one last time...it's in awesome shape and looks to be for quite some time...this weekend and Next weekend should be awesome up there for sledding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Seems like the 12Z Euro lost our storm for midweek

Not really. It is there, just a bit disjointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Not really. It is there, just a bit disjointed.

Would be a shame if this disappointment was our last chance for snow this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Would be a shame if this disappointment was our last chance for snow this season

Euro kind of out on an island right now. GFS, CMC, JMA and NAVGEM all have placement of the low pretty close to one another. 

NAVGEM is pretty wound up with closely packed isallobars as it approaches the Cape. Someone is gonna get smoked in this setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 days away, Hope some don't think there going to jack every run up until go time on this threat, Its on guidance and has been for days, Its no going away and going to shift around a bit of varying degrees for several more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dryslot said:

6 days away, Hope some don't think there going to jack every run up until go time on this threat, Its on guidance and has been for days, Its no going away and going to shift around a bit of varying degrees for several more days.

And yes...it might rain on some of us lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

And yes...it might rain on some of us lol

Prime example today, Except a little better air mass next week, But wouldn't matter though if it tracks north thru SE MA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Fully expecting another rainstorm here. The price we pay for the summers. 

I hope not

I'm getting tired of the rain. What an awful 2nd half of winter it has been down where I live in NYC after the January blizzard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dryslot said:

6 days away, Hope some don't think there going to jack every run up until go time on this threat, Its on guidance and has been for days, Its no going away and going to shift around a bit of varying degrees for several more days.

I don’t need to be the jackpot every run, just the final one. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

Euro kind of out on an island right now. GFS, CMC, JMA and NAVGEM all have placement of the low pretty close to one another. 

NAVGEM is pretty wound up with closely packed isallobars as it approaches the Cape. Someone is gonna get smoked in this setup.

I have completely lost the status that I held the Euro at previous to it's Upgrade (downgrade really).  It's not the Guru it once was...Not a whole lot better than most of the Major Globals now.  Sure it carry's weight...but it's not the STUD it used to be at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With blocking and -nao in march  i say that most models have wed storm  and with this weather pattern we are not going  the whole month of march  with out least two good snowstorms even down i-95 area.  i think we get cold again too . i know some wont trust me but with alll these places get big snows now its matter of time sne area gets a big one during march .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I can't see this one being a complete shutout. Wherever ends up in the sweet spot will snow without question. Just not sure if it's me or PF.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_22.png

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I have completely lost the status that I held the Euro at previous to it's Upgrade (downgrade really).  It's not the Guru it once was...Not a whole lot better than most of the Major Globals now.  Sure it carry's weight...but it's not the STUD it used to be at all.  

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with you regarding this year thus far. Lets hope it catches a clue with this upcoming setup. I'll be just north of Waterbury while I am up. I see you're in Southington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

At least I can't see this one being a complete shutout. Wherever ends up in the sweet spot will snow without question. Just not sure if it's me or PF.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_22.png

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_19.png

Uber precip: Check

Good coastal track with the low: Check

CT currently in the sweet spot: Check

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with you regarding this year thus far. Lets hope it catches a clue with this upcoming setup. I'll be just north of Waterbury while I am up. I see you're in Southington.

Yes...I’m in S-Town..close to where your staying. Hope we can score with this next one too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be another threat around 3/11-3/12. I know Tip mentioned that one too.

Def a few more chances in the pipeline. We will see if we can score on one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×