Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

At least we can start tracking dews now. Mine is currently 22F, but if this virga gets a little bit lower it may moisten up to 25F or 26F.

I was actually hoping to see some March records broken in SNE.  It seemed like some spots were heading in that direction.  But yeah, I am guessing it's time to start thinking about lawn mower tune-ups and Kevin's Lesco Lawn talks, then on to Black Fly hate.  Awful period ahead of us. 

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a weenie. Enjoy any snow.

It takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me personally when it falls in Morch because of the melt factor. Much better around the holidays thru Feb. I think most feel that way. That said, I’ve had significant snowpack for 2 solid weeks now. That’s hard to do in Morch 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me personally when it falls in Morch because of the melt factor. Much better around the holidays thru Feb. I think most feel that way. That said, I’ve had significant snowpack for 2 solid weeks now. That’s hard to do in Morch 

Do you make the transition to warminista DIT this weekend or next?

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

That’s the thing......every time this season the JP was elsewhere.....it’s been a thing since Feb 2013......that time I got my prize but it’s been a long 5 yrs.....I am not about meeting average snow for the year.....I want big boys.....”glad we don’t live there” certain folks will say.....and I’d say “GFY”....this season goes in the toilet.....more than most

It’s been 7 years for me since I had a 16” storm. That still doesn’t detract me from being objective about winters and grading them on impact and feel, imby and regional. When you consider 6 weeks being washed away in warmth yet being above avg snowfall, with an uber active March (yes could have been much better)....you have to tip your cap and say it was pretty good, all things considered. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been 7 years for me since I had a 16” storm. That still doesn’t detract me from being objective about winters and grading them on impact and feel, imby and regional. When you consider 6 weeks being washed away in warmth yet being above avg snowfall, with an uber active March (yes could have been much better)....you have to tip your cap and say it was pretty good, all things considered. 

The jackpot fetish around here is comical. And subjective when it comes to measurements. As you said, the fact Feb was a blow torch and second half of Jan meh, we did well overall. March was fun.

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Objectively.....Feb sucked....therefore the uber active March was tainted to me and the storms here were meh anyway.....I cheer winter like I cheer my teams.....as a complete homer....lol....

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The jackpot fetish around here is comical. And subjective when it comes to measurements. As you said, the fact Feb was a blow torch and second half of Jan meh, we did well overall. March was fun.

March was fun.....tracking wise....it ended up blah here....on to sping lol

Yes the end is here.... disappointed that yesterday/last night flopped here, that would have made a huge difference in the totals and the feel.  Yes, very active March no doubt...and a blast tracking with everybody here, but only 1 out of the 4 Big Nor'Easters delivered here(the second one with 13.5 inches), the 3rd was a flop, and this one even more so.  Had I done well in the 3rd one like out east did with 15-30 inches falling, and this one yesterday (ended up with 2" lol) I'd feel alot better about the winter as a whole.  

Ended up at 62" for the season...14" above average/normal....so a pretty good year no doubt in the total snowfall department(not upset with that amount), it's just that the potential was right there to do so much better, but got skunked on 3/4 big events here in March, and that kind of puts a little sting in the feel.  Had a great season up in the "County" sledding so that's a great feel for the winter for me personally.  Just a lil sting in the way some of the big potential ended up for my hood...but you can't win them all.

Anthony..I think we're done for the year...but then again who knows lol.  I hate the weather that's on it's way.....damp cool crap for the end of March and all of April as always...worst time of the year!!

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It sure has, Awesome Mark! I'm heading back out myself this weekend, May be the last one unless i can sneak one in April.............

Sign.JPG

7 minutes ago, Powderboy413 said:

I’ll get one more weekend in and probably call it quits, been a hell of a run in southern vermont

8DEB3615-9E66-492B-BE74-EA7F406D8FE4.thumb.jpeg.00ce3d49c2bc0c86684ab79f4cd40050.jpeg

I have probably have another week riding from my house.  We are going to go for a short ride tonight and get some dinner and will probably ride Saturday and Sunday.  I'd love to go down south before the end of the season.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sure, March has been fun. But it's also not hard to understand the frustration level even in a good stretch when you watch the best parts of storms go east or south of your specific location often.

46 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Anthony..I think we're done for the year...but then again who knows lol.  I hate the weather that's on it's way.....damp cool crap for the end of March and all of April as always...worst time of the year!!

This. AprIL is awful in SNE.

As far as this season goes I am in the same camp as most...February and part of January are forgettable to say the least but December, a few weeks in January and March came on strong making it a decent season. I like a long term pack but this just was not that kind of year.  Getting 19+ inches last week was quite the saviour. 

I packed it in many times in Feb. but good long range looks from guys like Ray and Will kept me sane and pulled me back into the game many times.

I usually try to break down the winter  into gradable categories then avwrage them out but at the moment I  am thinking a solid "B" grade will be it.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Certainly not Napril.

One last chance for ORH to break the record 3/31? Kind of a weak signal for 4/1, but if it can start on evening of 3/31 then maybe. Maybe the sig will trend more robust...might as well go for the stats now since we're not getting anything close to nice spring weather anytime soon. (maybe a day or two in the 50s 3/28-29)

Archived