SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of sensible desires  ... I'm sure I share the sentiments of most that even a semblance of spring would be greatly appreciated.

You winter enthusiasts ...man you've been living in a charmed existence in this region of the Global.. which is consummate for it's always ending up in relative mins compared to averages abroad.  One of these times again ...it'll come back around, and it will be the much harder to get people's heads around.  Just a warning -

As far as returning to winter.  I hate to say, but the ensembles do this every year.  They try to usurp the seasonal change by dimming back to colder profiles in the extended.  Just a warning with that, too -

It may happen. Sure, we've seen snow in April plenty enough...but don't be surprised if that return is not as easy to come by as any distant signal, when the signal is question is projecting from post Equinox.  One thing we have to keep in mind is that the diabatic modulation of the hemisphere is in positive flux, and will alter all guidance sources moving forward as we press through the next 6 weeks. In others words, I wouldn't trust the extended tele's for the time being.

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In terms of sensible desires  ... I'm sure I share the sentiments of most that even a semblance of spring would be greatly appreciated.

You winter enthusiasts ...man you've been living in a charmed existence in this region of the Global.. which is consummate for it's always ending up in relative mins compared to averages abroad.  One of these times again ...it'll come back around, and it will be the much harder to get people's heads around.  Just a warning -

As far as returning to winter.  I hate to say, but the ensembles do this every year.  They try to usurp the seasonal change by dimming back to colder profiles in the extended.  Just a warning with that, too -

It may happen. Sure, we've seen snow in April plenty enough...but don't be surprised if that return is not as easy to come by as any distant signal, when the signal is question is projecting from post Equinox.  One thing we have to keep in mind is that the diabatic modulation of the hemisphere is in positive flux, and will alter all guidance sources moving forward as we press through the next 6 weeks. In others words, I wouldn't trust the extended tele's for the time being.

Excellent. Let’s morph the chilly LR to a mild medium range and warm short range. Cold/wind in April does nobody good. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Napril looks awful this year. The year with no spring 

We've experience more better Aprils than not in all honesty, going back since 2006 or 2007 ... assuming by 'better' we mean warm. For some in here, they loathe nice weather - I'm convinced of it..

Anyway, in that time span, we've had some down right whack-a-do warm Aprils.  Just last year we were 90 on Easter!  And I think back in 2009 we had a really crazy warm spring that had full green-up well underway by the first week of April ...about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  

Going back to 2006, I recall snow events in the first couple of weeks of April, and that's (we all know this..) happened a few times spanning generations.  It's probably just as fickle a month as March for all intents and purposes ... But it's like your more likely to get a warm spell in April than any given March - duh.   

19 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Excellent. Let’s morph the chilly LR to a mild medium range and warm short range. Cold/wind in April does nobody good. 

Oh ... heh, I'm not casting an illusions to shelter perception from our plight here -

One thing we have not seen in recent years (really) is a dreaded 10 day long cut-off west Atlantic cyclone that meanders and occasionally backs cold rain and grapply wet snows in.. Back in the mid 1990s that seem to happen more frequently. I remember one year there was one that was like three weeks long and the last week it just sort of decayed and filled without ever having moved away... Not THAT is how you run a butt-boned spring... Back in 1987 we had a huge flood from cut-off that was actually close enough to bring big rain for extended period.  Anyway, it's been a while since that particular brand of the schits took place.  Other years, it's plaguing BDs with the old 84 at ALB and 42 in mist at Framingham...

36 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

She gone, I think...trough too far east.

Models are interesting for Sunday/Monday, with such a cold northerly wind and air mass with a 1045mb high in Quebec, Canada can only hope the storm materializes for one true snowstorm on the coastline, 850mb very cold for this time of the year

23 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z NAM digs an upper level low into the PA area come this weekend, will likely phase with the Pacific stream disturbance and create a massive nor'easter with all snow even to Nantucket, MA with 850mb below -6C

I don't really understand what your deal is and maybe it's because I'm new to the area. You seem to always think and imply that a major snowstorm is coming even when models and common sense tell everyone otherwise and when there is a big storm hitting the area you always seem to double the forecast amounts to unrealistic numbers even though not one model has them and are always wrong. Please tell me you're not an amateur forecaster. I'm not trying to be mean but seriously asking the question

45 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Models are interesting for Sunday/Monday, with such a cold northerly wind and air mass with a 1045mb high in Quebec, Canada can only hope the storm materializes for one true snowstorm on the coastline, 850mb very cold for this time of the year

I salute you.

13 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I don't really understand what your deal is and maybe it's because I'm new to the area. You seem to always think and imply that a major snowstorm is coming even when models and common sense tell everyone otherwise and when there is a big storm hitting the area you always seem to double the forecast amounts to unrealistic numbers even though not one model has them and are always wrong. Please tell me you're not an amateur forecaster. I'm not trying to be mean but seriously asking the question

He'll grow on you.

Then it will take weeks of cerebral radiation from talented mets in order to send him into remission.

No im not an amateur forecaster, I'm not really into forecasting really, I love the weather with all my heart mainly into tropical weather, but I have an all around love for weather in general. I'm a writer who is trying to make it big in this world, I originally went to college for year to become an actual meteorologist but ended up going into the Air Force as a cook. Yeah and that didn't last long to be honest, I suffer from a mental illness mainly a more mild form of bipolar disorder, even medicated I tend to suffer from delusions of grandeur which is why I probably over forecast snowfall amounts on my maps, my first maps are mostly better than my second and third maps to be honest

47 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Haha.....everybody raise one.....legit

:drunk:

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Dude.....give it up....climo is not your friend here....I’m not even on the shore and these March storms - while entertaining to track - have been meh....pedestrian as they say.....outside some isolated square feet in random places like Danbury CT or Dennis MA lol.....this attempt at some late season heroics has no chance.....the season was screwed in February when spring decided to say “ah Fuk it let’s go”......remember all that rain?....lol RAIN in February.....hahahahaha.....the worst.....this season is probably the worst we’ve seen in years....JFC....out

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

No im not an amateur forecaster, I'm not really into forecasting really, I love the weather with all my heart mainly into tropical weather, but I have an all around love for weather in general. I'm a writer who is trying to make it big in this world, I originally went to college for year to become an actual meteorologist but ended up going into the Air Force as a cook. Yeah and that didn't last long to be honest, I suffer from a mental illness mainly a more mild form of bipolar disorder, even medicated I tend to suffer from delusions of grandeur which is why I probably over forecast snowfall amounts on my maps, my first maps are mostly better than my second and third maps to be honest

Question...is your profile pic actually you?  

6 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Dude.....give it up....climo is not your friend here....I’m not even on the shore and these March storms - while entertaining to track - have been meh....pedestrian as they say.....outside some isolated square feet in random places like Danbury CT or Dennis MA lol.....this attempt at some late season heroics has no chance.....the season was screwed in February when spring decided to say “ah Fuk it let’s go”......remember all that rain?....lol RAIN in February.....hahahahaha.....the worst.....this season is probably the worst we’ve seen in years....JFC....out

?

They need to make keyboards with breathalyzers.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

?

They need to make keyboards with breathalyzers.

I’m going with the feel of the season....the flavor.....it’s bitter....if it hadn’t been for that idiot February I’d be fine it’s these middling events in March.....let’s be honest....these haven’t been epic late season deals.....and I only had two Tito’s and cran ok?

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

I’m going with the feel of the season....the flavor.....it’s bitter....if it hadn’t been for that idiot February I’d be fine it’s these middling events in March.....let’s be honest....these haven’t been epic late season deals.....and I only had two Tito’s and cran ok?

IDK, maybe I'm biased bc I just got JP in a blizzard...but I think most are at normal or above.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

IDK, maybe I'm biased bc I just got JP in a blizzard...but I think most are at normal or above.

That’s the thing......every time this season the JP was elsewhere.....it’s been a thing since Feb 2013......that time I got my prize but it’s been a long 5 yrs.....I am not about meeting average snow for the year.....I want big boys.....”glad we don’t live there” certain folks will say.....and I’d say “GFY”....this season goes in the toilet.....more than most

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than snow showers and squalls this weekend.. that’s it for this winter. 75.3” of snow. AN for sure but because much of it fell in Morch, it took some of the fun out of it . I’ll miss the fun of storm tracking , until we get a cane this fall 

What a weenie. Enjoy any snow.

Archived