SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Days and days of model watching on this one.  Just when you think you can stick a fork in it, it starts coming back.  Let the trend commence.  Even a bit of a left hook to bring some snow back into NNE.  Nice Euro run.  

Wondering how my folks in Baltimore will do?  Brings a foot of snow to that area on Tuesday.  Heavy wet stuff, power issues yada yada..

I love that subsume hyper bomb it has D8-10...

Then, you can see the entire lower tropospheric thickness layout suddenly advances to mid April.... right on the heels of it. In fact, the bomb its self normalizes to light rain and mist.  Fascinating storm followed by whole scale systemic breakdown of winter ...  That's gotta be interesting to at least someone on here..

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Probably another near Jack for me that run just based off of this. 

FWIW, Looking at precip maps it was very sharp gradient on qpf to the NW of the track, You looked to be right around .3", It got tugged bag NW when it cleared your lat into DE and Northern Maine verbatim.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

.7 was to PYM with a steep cut off on OP , sounds pretty much the same

I’m going by the 0.5 line.  I use sv but comparing eps 0z vs 12z the change was significant.  The 0.5 line for today’s run is about 20-40 miles nw vs op but 0.25 is way more nw.

Archived