Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's def a good sign that both the EPS and GEFS are NW of the OP runs. That signal has worked quite well over the years. We will need to see a real move though in the next 24 hours. If 00z tonight goes the wrong way then this one will be on life support...but if it bumps NW then we are right in the game. 

Wha days are we talking? I know it was Tuesday but are you talking wed thursday now? 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right now we're the team that has been hanging around all game...it's the 3rd quarter now and we're down a touchdown. Still in the game but the next score is big...whichever team it goes to has a huge impact. 

We know how first half leads, though nice to have, don’t mean all that much. As long as we in striking distance, the games are decided in the 4th qtr. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's def a good sign that both the EPS and GEFS are NW of the OP runs. That signal has worked quite well over the years. We will need to see a real move though in the next 24 hours. If 00z tonight goes the wrong way then this one will be on life support...but if it bumps NW then we are right in the game. 

The other option is for the first wave to just go to crap like the 18Z GFS Op shows.  If that happens wave 2 can be huge

One thing is becoming clearer as we head towards the 00z runs for Monday tell us the ultimate news, bit before that, the models are trending towards a much bigger event towards Wednesday and Thursday of this upcoming work week, one with a strong Quebec high pressure cell in place and a strong low that passes southeast of Nantucket, MA, the first shortwave and storm looks to get shredded I.e. the enormous block in the North Atlantic and PV lobe over the Canadian Maritimes, along with strong ridge to the west and a strong jet between the two.  The event this weeks looks like a strong snowstorm signal all the way to NC

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The confluence is the real issue with the first sw is it not.

If its strong and north wouldn't it get put thru the grinder so to speak anyway

Yes the large PV lobe doesn't get out of the way until the second shortwave hits the East Coast, and by all intents and purposes explodes upon going a negative tilt

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Nice snow hole over DC. I have a feeling they will finally score next week though. What does DCA and IAD have for snowfall this season? Less than 10in?

DCA average not much more than 10 inches though.   Roughly 15 while IAD averages 21-about the same as Philadelphia.

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

DCA average not much more than 10 inches though.   Roughly 15 while IAD averages 21-about the same as Philadelphia.

Wow that's crazy. Didn't realize it was that low. I'm gonna guess that those 30 year averages will go up quite a bit in 2020 as they will in every east coast city

6 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Euro is the worst model Euro is a terrible model. Probably the worst model out of the Cmc, GfS and Ukie. It’s so inconsistent since it’s upgrade it just has a name. It’s like Chicago bulls they’re long gone but Jordan was around back than and it still keeps that logo for them

Uhhh I wouldn't exactly call it the worst model among the big 4. CMC and GFS are definitely worse. Yeah it's had its struggles since it's "upgrade" but it is still one of the top. Not sure what you're smoking (or drinking I guess).

Archived