SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The longwave features look great for this threat, but it can't decide what to do with any of the shortwaves. It also is trying to hang back a piece of the PV lobe this run which screws it up further....it would actually be fine if it phased in with the southern stream (ala Mar 2001)....but it doesn't. It hangs in no-man's land and contributes to mucking up any coherent cyclogenesis.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I like where we sit. Euro se and gfs close in. It’s like the reverse 90s rule that’s been working lately.

Yeah that happened in the previous two threats in the medium range (D4-6). I like a lot of aspects about this setup overall. I wouldn't really be worried unless this Euro-esque solution keeps showing for another 3 cycles or so.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that happened in the previous two threats in the medium range (D4-6). I like a lot of aspects about this setup overall. I wouldn't really be worried unless this Euro-esque solution keeps showing for another 3 cycles or so.

It went from a massive hit to flurries in one run. Ensembles until Sunday night 

Euro has trended south though. 

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

:blink: 

We're discussing OP runs here, not Esmb.  What OP run from the Euro you smoking?

ecmwf_acc_precip_neng_240.thumb.png.0e3d1ddda17337033c74a360e62fcda7.png

ecmwf_acc_snow_neng_240.thumb.png.9036327798c5396e59edfc05c9fb8694.png

I think you just proved his point. Thats OTS. Does anyone on CAPE really care about 3-6" after this recent event? 

EPS are def pretty ugly. But that said, I'll remind everyone to take a look at the March 8th EPS for the 3/13 storm...they were hideous too. They really didn't start looking decent until the 3/9 runs (and the OP took even a little longer) which is why I'd give it another couple cycles. The GEFS def did better in the medium range. It doesn't mean they will beat the EPS this time though....EPS are still the best in the business, but right now they are def the SE outlier. GEFS/GEPS are well NW of them and so is the OP Ukie (no ensembles for that).

EPS are def pretty ugly. But that said, I'll remind everyone to take a look at the March 8th EPS for the 3/13 storm...they were hideous too. They really didn't start looking decent until the 3/9 runs (and the OP took even a little longer) which is why I'd give it another couple cycles. The GEFS def did better in the medium range. It doesn't mean they will beat the EPS this time though....EPS are still the best in the business, but right now they are def the SE outlier. GEFS/GEPS are well NW of them and so is the OP Ukie (no ensembles for that).

Heck a day or two before this last storm people were cliff jumping lol

Archived