Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'm trying to have fun with a lousy outcome. I've learned to try and look at the glass half full. Of course I'll take a deep pack whenever I can get it but if it ain't in the cards I'm ready to move on.  Still hoping for dumpage next week but you almost have to be very cynical or skeptical around here unless there is overwhelming guidance agreement and even then hold your breath.  I wouldn't mind getting up to Mt. Vernon Maine and seeing what the depth is near my parents summer cottage.  One of these times I'm gonna get up there in the winter.  

We get one more shot at a solid inland thump me thinks.    If not I will model hug for warm and dry solutions.

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

That NW section i'm going t be riding in on saturday, It was pretty stout before this last one when i was up there this past weekend

I know it is not easy while on the sled with all of your gear on, but if you can grab a few pics that would be great.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Its going to go mid april right now, Just based on temps the next two weeks, That pack is going no wheres.

Between Old Forge and the Tug Hill area in NYS the state trails are open until either 4/1 or 4/15.  After that they close them, and then it's only private trails that are open if there is snow.

How does the trail system work in Maine as far as who has control of them, and when the closing times are scheduled?

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

It goes back to 380' pretty quickly.

October 2 1978, Yankees lead the Red sox 5-4.  Bottom of the ninth, two men on, one man out.  League MVP  Jim Rice steps up to the plate facing Goose Gossage. Gossage has absolutely nothing and is struggling on every pitch.  Jim Rice swings and goes deep to right. It would've been a home run in Yankee Stadium where it's 353 feet but at Fenway its a long out and Yaz then pops out to end the game.

This entire game is on youtube.  all anyone ever talks about is bucky dent but truth be told It's one of the best baseball games ever played and the mid 70s red sox turned boston from a hockey town into a baseball town. The game was broadcast on tv 38 with the hawk ken harrelson, abc with Keith Jackson but YouTube has the Yankee Wpix feed with Phil Rizzuto going all Archie Bunker on sox pitcher mike Torrez, Phil Rizzuto saying he thought a former red sox player was gonna bite him in the press box when bucky dent hit the home run.  You'll notice the pace of play and how fast it was. No banging spikes with the bat a la nomar, no stepping out of the box a la jeter, no adjusting elbow pads a la arod, no taking off ankle pads, Fisk and Munson weren't walking to the mound every 30 seconds. no ads all over fenway, no 600 club, no montster seats, no loud music.  Just sherm feller, an organ and 33 thousand fans watching one of the greatest sporting events ever. many baseball games had historic moments. Mazeroski 1960 home run, Gibson home run, Fisk home run, buckner, boone, damon grand slam, Koufax, but nothing beats 1978.

34 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I know it is not easy while on the sled with all of your gear on, but if you can grab a few pics that would be great.

Between Old Forge and the Tug Hill area in NYS the state trails are open until either 4/1 or 4/15.  After that they close them, and then it's only private trails that are open if there is snow.

How does the trail system work in Maine as far as who has control of them, and when the closing times are scheduled?

You didn’t ask about VT but I’ll butt in anyway. Our season runs 12/16 to 4/15.Our trail system is about 5000 miles and is managed by 127 local clubs who belong to one over arching governing body, the Vermont Association of Snow Travelers or VAST. VAST collects trail pass money and distributes it to the local clubs through grooming contracts and grants for equipment, trail maintenance and construction and other things like signs or equipment repairs. VAST also acts as snowmobilings voice in the legislature and on statewide issues. VAST is a non profit entity and is in no way connected to or controlled by any state agency. I’m on the Board of Directors representing Washington County. 

24 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

October 2 1978, Yankees lead the Red sox 5-4.  Bottom of the ninth, two men on, one man out.  League MVP  Jim Rice steps up to the plate facing Goose Gossage. Gossage has absolutely nothing and is struggling on every pitch.  Jim Rice swings and goes deep to right. It would've been a home run in Yankee Stadium where it's 353 feet but at Fenway its a long out and Yaz then pops out to end the game.

This entire game is on youtube.  all anyone ever talks about is bucky dent but truth be told It's one of the best baseball games ever played and the mid 70s red sox turned boston from a hockey town into a baseball town. The game was broadcast on tv 38 with the hawk ken harrelson, abc with Keith Jackson but YouTube has the Yankee Wpix feed with Phil Rizzuto going all Archie Bunker on sox pitcher mike Torrez, Phil Rizzuto saying he thought a former red sox player was gonna bite him in the press box when bucky dent hit the home run.  You'll notice the pace of play and how fast it was. No banging spikes with the bat a la nomar, no stepping out of the box a la jeter, no adjusting elbow pads a la arod, no taking off ankle pads, Fisk and Munson weren't walking to the mound every 30 seconds. no ads all over fenway, no 600 club, no montster seats, no loud music.  Just sherm feller, an organ and 33 thousand fans watching one of the greatest sporting events ever. many baseball games had historic moments. Mazeroski 1960 home run, Gibson home run, Fisk home run, buckner, boone, damon grand slam, Koufax, but nothing beats 1978.

I was in the right field grandstands for that game, what a heartbreaker, I thought Jim Ed's fly ball was a home run, and thought for sure Yaz would come through.

13 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was in the right field grandstands for that game, what a heartbreaker, I thought Jim Ed's fly ball was a home run, and thought for sure Yaz would come through.

At that moment was the grandstand in shade? Piniella barely fielded the Remy base hit in medium right field because the glare was so bad in straight away right. To Yaz's credit he wrapped a second inning home run around the pole against Guidry. Rizzuto had a professional call but was probably dying inside at that moment. 

To many weather people use or say because its march you have to worry about day time for how total snowfall  you get i dont do that because i seen many times we get lot of snow in march and april .  i say models will change but  i think  next week storm will good one for i-95 area and inland too  could last three days .

39 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

At that moment was the grandstand in shade? Piniella barely fielded the Remy base hit in medium right field because the glare was so bad in straight away right. To Yaz's credit he wrapped a second inning home run around the pole against Guidry. Rizzuto had a professional call but was probably dying inside at that moment. 

Yes, the nasty sun was gone, it affected Pineiella earlier in the game and stuck his glove out and got lucky. After 2004, those old memories fade.

2 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Euro is a terrible model. Probably the worst model out of the Cmc, GfS and Ukie. It’s so inconsistent since it’s upgrade it just has a name. It’s like Chicago bulls they’re long gone but Jordan was around back than and it still keeps that logo for them

Ummm.... huh..... lol

Archived