Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

If the shortwaves cooperate within the chaotic flow...it is possible we try and make a run at March 2001 depths in parts of interior SNE as we approach April. Obviously things have to go right...we need the 3/21 storm to hit, then the 3/24-5 storm to hit.

We'd need both, and lack of any real warmth.  Farmington co-op is at about 36" for the month, had 58.3" in 2001 (their most on record for any month not starting with "F"), and that 48" on 3/31 was fueled by 15 on 22-23 and 18 on 30-31.  Would love to see a repeat - Easter sunrise service with our pastor preaching from atop a snowbank.

46 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Jackpot fetish my friend. Plus it helps me further justify moving out here to bumfawk. 

They all want to steal our snow

Next they’ll want our women.  And our beer. 

Actually...just leave the beer

Elevation events tend to be meh.  A Feb 27 2010 sometimes rolls through but those are rare

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... there are some good things working for the system. A marginal operation run at 6 days shouldn’t really sway anyone. Has the look of an event that could produce. 

CMC and ICON showed that.

A JMA style track would be optimal for us. Let's go Japan

31 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They all want to steal our snow

Next they’ll want our women.  And our beer. 

Actually...just leave the beer

Elevation events tend to be meh.  A Feb 27 2010 sometimes rolls through but those are rare

Elevation events are awesome...last week was a good one...pretty big differences in a few hundred feet. Dec 29, 2016 last winter....Feb 2010, Jan 2, 2006, Dec 1996, Dec 1992.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah he had a good one. The anomalies around here go extreme on both ends. I didn’t hear many hating us from 10/11-12/12.

It’s pretty amazing that the last two years have been above average here for snow...I figured we were done by the end of Feb...Ray crushed that call

Archived