Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No spring or warmth as far as the eyes can see . The last few days a distant memory for folks that like that sort of thing 

So all those Warm March's and Morch's/winter is over by the end of Feb ideas that you were touting a couple weeks ago....You're not on that train any longer?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You change as the pattern changes. You evolve 

Lol ok...

Hope next week comes in hard and heavy....cuz so far this thing today isn't too impressive here...unless breezy/windy and some rain and snow mix is exciting???  

But man that Scituate picture is something else...Holy Smokes they are getting pounded out that way.

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

of course. now that the snow is almost gone and we got a taste of spring, we reverse course. don't want it at this point.

Get up to the county one last time...it's in awesome shape and looks to be for quite some time...this weekend and Next weekend should be awesome up there for sledding.

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Would be a shame if this disappointment was our last chance for snow this season

Euro kind of out on an island right now. GFS, CMC, JMA and NAVGEM all have placement of the low pretty close to one another. 

NAVGEM is pretty wound up with closely packed isallobars as it approaches the Cape. Someone is gonna get smoked in this setup.

39 minutes ago, dryslot said:

6 days away, Hope some don't think there going to jack every run up until go time on this threat, Its on guidance and has been for days, Its no going away and going to shift around a bit of varying degrees for several more days.

And yes...it might rain on some of us lol

14 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Fully expecting another rainstorm here. The price we pay for the summers. 

I hope not

I'm getting tired of the rain. What an awful 2nd half of winter it has been down where I live in NYC after the January blizzard 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

6 days away, Hope some don't think there going to jack every run up until go time on this threat, Its on guidance and has been for days, Its no going away and going to shift around a bit of varying degrees for several more days.

I don’t need to be the jackpot every run, just the final one. 

1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

Euro kind of out on an island right now. GFS, CMC, JMA and NAVGEM all have placement of the low pretty close to one another. 

NAVGEM is pretty wound up with closely packed isallobars as it approaches the Cape. Someone is gonna get smoked in this setup.

I have completely lost the status that I held the Euro at previous to it's Upgrade (downgrade really).  It's not the Guru it once was...Not a whole lot better than most of the Major Globals now.  Sure it carry's weight...but it's not the STUD it used to be at all.  

With blocking and -nao in march  i say that most models have wed storm  and with this weather pattern we are not going  the whole month of march  with out least two good snowstorms even down i-95 area.  i think we get cold again too . i know some wont trust me but with alll these places get big snows now its matter of time sne area gets a big one during march .

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I have completely lost the status that I held the Euro at previous to it's Upgrade (downgrade really).  It's not the Guru it once was...Not a whole lot better than most of the Major Globals now.  Sure it carry's weight...but it's not the STUD it used to be at all.  

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with you regarding this year thus far. Lets hope it catches a clue with this upcoming setup. I'll be just north of Waterbury while I am up. I see you're in Southington.

41 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

At least I can't see this one being a complete shutout. Wherever ends up in the sweet spot will snow without question. Just not sure if it's me or PF.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_22.png

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_19.png

Uber precip: Check

Good coastal track with the low: Check

CT currently in the sweet spot: Check

29 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with you regarding this year thus far. Lets hope it catches a clue with this upcoming setup. I'll be just north of Waterbury while I am up. I see you're in Southington.

Yes...I’m in S-Town..close to where your staying. Hope we can score with this next one too. 

Archived