• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    John Brash
    Newest Member
    John Brash

The March Lion Storm

12z RGEM cut back amounts considerably for the GTA. Ain't nothing to see here, lol. 

I'm going to lean closer to 1-2" at this point in time. Really disappointed, but it is what it is. This is the third storm this winter we've rode the line, where a slight shift by 50 miles could have made a difference between 2" and 6". 

13 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

12z RGEM cut back amounts considerably for the GTA. Ain't nothing to see here, lol. 

I'm going to lean closer to 1-2" at this point in time. Really disappointed, but it is what it is. This is the third storm this winter we've rode the line, where a slight shift by 50 miles could have made a difference between 2" and 6". 

Just have to wait and see. Anything that falls and sticks is great because its looking increasingly like this might be the last snow (widespread) The heat signals for the middle to end of March are increasing. I live on the oakville/Mississauga border south of the QEW so those April slush storms that the northern GTA see every year dont accumulate much down here. 

6 minutes ago, DAWGNKITTEN said:

Making maple syrup out in the open with a cold wind, but dry as can be here in Columbiaville.

that ne wind is destroying the storm up here in the 69 corridor

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

Just have to wait and see. Anything that falls and sticks is great because its looking increasingly like this might be the last snow (widespread) The heat signals for the middle to end of March are increasing. I live on the oakville/Mississauga border south of the QEW so those April slush storms that the northern GTA see every year dont accumulate much down here. 

I'm going to go with a wide range for the GTA. 

Trace to 1" for eastern parts of the GTA (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa)

Around 1" for east Scarborough, Markham

1 to 2" for west Scarborough, eastern portions of North York

Around 2" for East York and eastern portions of the old city of Toronto

Around 3" for downtown Toronto

3 to 4" for western parts of Toronto

4" + for Mississauga and points southwest

Looks like things have changed to snow all around the Detroit metro, with temps around 34. I would guess that the amount of flakes are overpowering the shallow above-freezing air layer.

BbmxP2j.png

1 minute ago, WestMichigan said:

Enjoying your clouds and no rain.  I know I am. :rolleyes:  What a synoptic wasteland this part of the state has been this year.

How about much of this decade?!? With each passing storm to the southeast the past several years, I feel the bitterness deepening. I picked the WRONG decade to live in West Michigan. Like I said earlier, I'm trying to be positive and encouraging to those getting the snow...but the sour taste is still there. There's always next week....right????????............................

• Like 1