Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

I remember when Don Kent introduced him at BZ as the new young met.

As a kid, my much older brother taught me the ways of weather weenie and we looked to Don Kent as the Boston weather guru. At the time, Elliot Abrams (accuweather?) had a big presence on Boston radio and he was also a voice of reason when it came to keeping weenies in check. 

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I waś working in Harvard Sq for 4-1-97 and watched torrential rain flip on and off to snow for about 30 minutes and then told my boss I was leaving and he should send everyone else home too.  An hour later there was already 1-2" and it was SN++.   I think my bus to Arlington Heights was one of the last ones to make it up there. 

I remember thinking that if snow was mixing in lunch time we’d get buried.  Sure enough-flakes at noon.   6pm-6am was solid 2-4/hour with thunder.  All timer!

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I recommend the Worcester hills for the best combination of wind and snow.

It’s where I have a place so it’s either that or Long Island. I’ll take the potential for epic snows in the southern greens over coastal flooding any day. Once you lived through sandy it’s just not going to compare 

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s where I have a place so it’s either that or Long Island. I’ll take the potential for epic snows in the southern greens over coastal flooding any day. Once you lived through sandy it’s just not going to compare 

Lol...I don’t thInk coastal flooding will be an issue 40 miles from the sea.   Enjoy it in VT and good luck!

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Lol...I don’t thInk coastal flooding will be an issue 40 miles from the sea.   Enjoy it in VT and good luck!

Thanks, I was referring to what I could potentially watch. Which at home on Long Island is coastal flooding. They close the routes in and out of the barrier islands now in major events so getting to the beach may not even be an option anyway. So off to Vermont it is. 

Archived