Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

What was the peak tide at BOS during that bomb when the Seaport flooded?

This could realistically be far worse.

Predicted was 12.26 This week 11.65 . This storm has a longer sustained fetch but higher pressure what causes the most problems is repeated tidal cycles and blowback of low tides.  If as modeled you might not break the highest tide ever but it would be severely impactful

8 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

@HarveyWCVB 6s6 seconds ago

More

All signs pointing to a strong Nor'easter for the end of the week...Heavy Rain, Heavy Wet Snow, Powerful NE winds and Coastal Flooding are all potentially in play....it will likely begin late Thursday or Thursday Night. It will likely be a fairly slow mover. #wcvb

As usual, good take from him.

7 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

@HarveyWCVB 6s6 seconds ago

More

All signs pointing to a strong Nor'easter for the end of the week...Heavy Rain, Heavy Wet Snow, Powerful NE winds and Coastal Flooding are all potentially in play....it will likely begin late Thursday or Thursday Night. It will likely be a fairly slow mover. #wcvb

Barry Burbank-- 8 hours ago:

Undoubtedly, There Will Be A Potent Ocean Storm Late This Week. The Dilemma Is Determining The Extent Of Greenland Blocking Retrogression On The Path Of The Storm. Will It Attempt An Approach & Be Pushed South Or Will It Be A Direct Hit? More Clarity Due In The Next 24-48 Hours.  Intriguing Upper Air Pattern Unfolding This Week. This Scenario Conducive To A Storm Track West To East Across The Central Portion Of The Nation. Inside Runners To Canada Blocked. Consequently, Big Late Season Snowmakers CAN Materialize! March Madness!

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Does anyone think the most likely scenario for Hartford & New Haven is heavy snow? lol

Rain isn't a bad forecast around here and it's the most likely scenario. Could it snow? Sure. 

You have days to fine tune this,  better to keep people off the hype train and just let them know a storm is coming. 

You just said Tips post was the best post ever, go back and read what he said, look at the 850 plot and explain how he could be right but no snow in the CTRV. I happen to agree that it's all conjecture  but he is either right on his assumption about the GFS 850 0 line being the snow line or he is wrong, can't be both

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, not big on a blizzard in the CRV of CT.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Barry B had his 40 yr anniversary today. Another one who I looked up to as a kid. Will be sad when we are left with the rip n readers. 

There are some good TV mets in the younger generations. Ryan is a great example. Fish...among others

But yeah...someday soon Barry and Harv will hang them up.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You just said Tips post was the best post ever, go back and read what he said, look at the 850 plot and explain how he could be right but no snow in the CTRV. I happen to agree that it's all conjecture  but he is either right on his assumption about the GFS 850 0 line being the snow line or he is wrong, can't be both

Interesting.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Jesus, I just read the 30-40" part and am excited.....stop inferring what my forecast will be based upon reactions to posts. 

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think it will hit, but if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But I think I'm going to take a break until we get closer in bc the mood swings blow. Dealt with the same crap before the last blizzard that shunted.

Good luck with that ;).  

Like last night, the confidence is admirable.

Archived