• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

How does Boston look on euro? Slushy late?

For Boston metro I'd say 4-8" heavy wet snow... but higher amounts, contingent on slightly faster cooling and more prolonged firehose, are very possible.

HRRR trends tonight seem to support cooler thermals, but we'll watch upstream obs thru the morning.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind criteria? Check

3 hours of 1/4mile vis? Are we sure nowhere in SNE meets those criteria? Looks to me ORH has a shot in 18z-0z timeframe on that Euro run

There was not enough support to consider before that Euro run, but let's see how things trend overnight.

4 hours ago, sbos_wx said:

Ray just showed off his forecast skill. That's what we call meteorology and not modelogy. He took the climatology and setup and knew that it would deliver. Now it's gonna pay off.

Remember that time when you told me this storm doesn't work like that? Maybe you should just wait and see what happens.

It all comes down to precip intensity and well as some banding which will result in precip flipping between rain and
snow and vice versa.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Compare that to the HRRR that has all precip done by like 8pm.

lol... I mean we've seen some long range weird stuff from the HRRR but this takes the cake.

Its not alone either. The 09z RPM completely shuts things off after like 21-23z from north to south. High confidence forecasting today

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

6z RGEM...still really likes SE MA.  Even if the p-type algorithm is wrong, its signaling SE MA now for several runs in a row.

Hey remember that time everyone laughed at you for thinking this could be an elevation storm?

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those models ending it early are going to be wrong. Slow moving LP..Can toss

Will's rule of they always hang on 6-8 longer than modeled.

I am leaning that way as well. Find the HRRR and RPM hard to believe at this stage ending it so early

Archived