Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Here's another good one for our own entertainment....what are the odds that ORH gets more snow than ITH? You'd think ITH should finally win this time...but the NE wind at ITH makes me cringe over the next 9 hours...when it finally turns north where they do well, they dont have much time left in the good precip.

Worcester NY on I-88 FTW I think.

I mean brutal for ITH. Easterly LLJ downsloping off the Catskills. But they already cancelled class for tomorrow so quick check on the met departmen = :drunk:

41 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

It's had a clue on several events here this year. The gfs thermals around ALB already seem to be busting. ALB in the lowlands at 37/27. Northerly drain effective.

Starting as light snow even here in the lower elevations.  Still not expecting much for me.  You on the other hand...enjoy!

Its amazing how even just some wobbles in the lobes of vorticity slinging around the ULL really have a huge impact on the firehose. That's going to be hard to predict....because like 4-6 hours difference could be pretty big sensible wx changes.

Agree
Posted as much earlier: small changes in handling of these vorticity lobes will have a disproportionately significant impact on outcome for eastern SNE

Sucks that we can't rely on larger synoptic guarantee of big snows

Will be back later tonight to look at stuff

33 and wet snow

(Temp dropped 7f in 2hrs) when it began as a sprinkle

1760'

Hunter, NY

Light precip

Up scribner hollow road ( a weenie drive after a weenie trip) its steady light snow w a coating on grass and 32 above 1950-2000'

Went as high as 2300' near east Jewett and things got dicey w snow on trees and roads

A fn plastering is on the way

Rooting for folks out east/home

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

33 and wet snow

1760'

Hunter, NY

Light precip

Up scribner hollow road ( a weenie drive after a weenie trip) its steady light snow w a coating on grass and 32 above 1950-2000'

Went as high as 2300' near east Jewett and things got dicey w snow on trees and roads

Yeah, Dendrite always says that too when he's about to rip +SN ;)

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

33 and wet snow

1760'

Hunter, NY

Light precip

Hopefully your 1997 flip phone has a camera.  

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

33 and wet snow

1760'

Hunter, NY

Light precip

Traditionally the deepest around Hunter there will be further northeast toward the escarpment with the upslope.  I'd recommend Elka Park and just north in East Jewett....if you are looking to find the deepest. I grew up at the base of the mountain in Saugertes/Catskill and as an example on 4/1/97 East Jewett got 37".

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah basically on Ashland line.

Are you near Hunter/Green in Sherborn? That's a good weenie spot. There's actually several good weenie spots in Sherborn with the hills and also they seem to get good CAD there.

I used to live on the medway/Holliston line, Winthrop street area. My friend lived in ashland. He always got more snow and I remember times when I was rain and he was snow

1 minute ago, Logan11 said:

Traditionally the deepest around Hunter there will be further northeast toward the escarpment with the upslope.  I'd recommend Elka Park and just north in East Jewett....if you are looking to find the deepest. I grew up at the base of the mountain in Saugertes/Catskill and as an example on 4/1/97 East Jewett got 37".

I was looking at like captains lookout inn About 10 miles North Of here on NE ridgeline @1800' . 

Just Drove by couple nice inns in Jewett at 2k.

Ill just have to deal w what falls here lol

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

33 and wet snow

1760'

Hunter, NY

Light precip

Good for you, chasin' a big one.  Take pictures! 

Depending on how this plays, probably gonna' drive up to Savoy Saturday to see the thumpage. Hopefully skiing B'East Sun/Mon

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was looking at like captains lookout inn About 10 miles North Of here on NE ridgeline @1800' . 

Just Drove by couple nice inns in Jewett at 2k.

Ill just have to deal w what falls here lol

For the absolute deepest snow you snow shoe to the top of Blackhead Mountain on northeast escarpment...can see CT, MA and VT from there.  3900' or so elevation. :) trail from Big Hollow Road near Maplecrest.

I'm sure this will be good in Hunter, but it can never top the 72" in late February 2010.

The downside to the Catskills is they torch terribly in cutters, but that's the way it goes.

Archived