Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Harvey 

What I know:  there will b serious coastal flooding, there will b powerful & damaging NE winds, there will be very heavy rain. What I don't know: will heavy rain eventually change to heavy, wet snow in The Boston Metro Area.  NewsCenter 5 at 4,5,5:30,6,10(MeTV) and 11 #wcvb

i can help him answer that lol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the NAM forecast sounding for EEN in Bufkit does exactly what you would call dynamic cooling.

At 15z, 850 mb warm nose around +2 again. But over the next three hours, that lifts and cools until it is gone by 18z. And rips isothermal heavy snow into the early evening (20+").

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t usually do the whole analysis of others thoughts thing, but I think calling for no snow in marginal areas is a defense mechanism.

If it doesn’t snow..: they were right, if it does snow, they get snow. They go home a winner regardless.

Wait, are you the King of this? :P

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

13km Euro never gets ORH warmer than 36 (on the synoptic hours snapshot). Is that also too cold? 

GFS doesn't get ORH into the 30s until 06z Saturday.

I don't like tossing the NAM altogether one bit

Don't shoot the messenger. Shoot your colleagues.

I suppose if I had my own generator ... along with a mass-communications technological infrastructure, replete with geostationary satellites all tied into the same functional, independent system not dependent upon the natural elements at my disposal... I'd be egging on the high wind drama cinema right along with y'all.  

However, seeing as I don't ... I think I'll go ahead not do that - 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t usually do the whole analysis of others thoughts thing, but I think calling for no snow in marginal areas is a defense mechanism.

If it doesn’t snow..: they were right, if it does snow, they get snow. They go home a winner regardless.

Aka Jim corren

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I suppose if I had my own generator ... along with a mass-communications technological infrastructure, replete with geostationary satellites all tied into the same functional, independent system not dependent upon the natural elements at my disposal... I'd be egging on the high wind drama cinema right along with y'all.  

However, seeing as I don't ... I think I'll go ahead not do that - 

Soft

Archived