Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

Just now, dryslot said:

Your getting rocked, No way around it.

Yeah, I'm also in Scott's camp that any snows on the backside will be an added bonus.  The shear impacts of the winds/rain/erosion to the coast and potential tree damage/power outages will be incredible.  Add wet snow to the mix will take it to the next one.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weathafella said:

Like every event the past few years although if you count the total hours of qpf it is impressive.

For sure. Looks like about .75'' verbatim on the GFS after the flip which is a lot over 8 hours. 

5 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think we're coming around to a solution of parachutes from about 21z to 06z and then a quick shutoff. Slushy 3-6'' for us in the east.

Good trends today. If I can't have a biggie I'm cheering on the lower QPF. 0.35" on the GFS would be a big win. Freshet cancel.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good trends today. If I can't have a biggie I'm cheering on the lower QPF. 0.35" on the GFS would be a big win. Freshet cancel.

This is going to be pure suckage in ASH. No elevation, sheltered from the winds, not enough snow to really care but enough to make a PITA mess. Jack of all trades, master of none. 

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

This is going to be pure suckage in ASH. No elevation, sheltered from the winds, not enough snow to really care but enough to make a PITA mess. Jack of all trades, master of none. 

There will be some surprises with this. I haven't even given up all hope here. I just don't expect to see modeling bring me any encouragement up until go-time.

Archived