Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why are you so down? You act like you live in Savannah.

if i could wish us a two foot blizzard i would...but i'm being realistic for my area.....we'll see a few mangled flakes...people still calling for any thing more then wind and heavy rain is delusional 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

if i could wish us a two foot blizzard i would...but i'm being realistic for my area.....we'll see a few mangled flakes...people still calling for any thing more then wind and heavy rain is delusional

Why?  We have a lot of respected folks differing with you here.  They’re all delusional?

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Man not sure the last time I saw 40" amounts spit out like they are over the Catskills on the 3km run.

u0iwefn.png

Oneonta ftw there--wow.

40 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And mpm will be in Maine at pit2 I think.

Yes I will.  I'm not sure how I'm getting there.  I'm pretty sure a transcontinental flight landing at JFK at 5:00a.m. will be going.  I'm not sure of my 10:00a.m. connection to PWM.  I've reserved a car just in case.  A rainy, windy drive if that's the case.  It would suck.

What's the thinking on flights.....am I screwed going into PWM because of wind? Landing at 11:00am.  Too bad JetBlue doesn't fly into Bangor.  Maybe they to to Burlington.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Maybe, truth be told I don't care.

Ha yeah figure most of this forum doesn't but it'll be interesting to see the final totals out there.  They upslope beautifully into 2-4kft terrain from the 150ft Hudson Valley and will get the highest percentage of QPF as snow bring back west.  

Anyway on to more 12z models.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha yeah figure most of this forum doesn't but it'll be interesting to see the final totals out there.  They upslope beautifully into 2-4kft terrain from the 150ft Hudson Valley and will get the highest percentage of QPF as snow bring back west.  

Anyway on to more 12z models.

rgem still pretty much sucks

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Usually these capture later and further ne a hair relative to guidance.

Yea, and I think a gradual rise in the PNA could translate into less Northern stream digging and that southern stream shortwave getting out ahead of the UL trough. I'm def hedging a NEMO-esque correction with this...

Just now, jbenedet said:

Yea, and I think a gradual rise in the PNA could translate into less Northern stream digging and that southern stream shortwave getting out ahead of the UL trough. I'm def hedging a NEMO-esque correction with this...

That is why I pulled the rug out west on Nemo and got killed by them for it, but was right. I called the EURO on BS.

Any predictions on the storm surge heights in Boston? I note the NWS is calling for 3-4 feet.  4 feet at tomorrow's high tide would set a  high water level record.  Be pretty odd to have set the record twice in one winter after almost 100 years (since 1921) of record keeping.

2 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

i agree this storm is going to be a nasty one...just not a snowy one 

I'm not solely focused on snow. There's going to be blizzard of 78 level coastal damage potentially. If you're talking just snow you have to be more clear. I could easily still see 6-12" in a CCB. 

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why?  We have a lot of respected folks differing with you here.  They’re all delusional?

nothing personal....i have a differing opinion....and the only people i think are being delusional are people thinking we get big snows here....i'm only speaking for my area no one else's  

Archived