Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m very curious to see what BOX does with their next update.  Lots of evidence that they need to increase snow amounts...a lot...and quickly.

My weather apps are still very meh.   It sure what drives them

Guessing winter storm watches will be posted but never know... High impact even with 5 or 6 inches

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just love a good nor'easter. I know it's not a Cat IV cane, but something about nor'easters just captivate me. Maybe it's the power and the challenge of forecasting, but a good storm like this can let me not worry about major snow. Something about a true beast that leaves me in awe.

Yep , full moon goon

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reggie looks great synoptically...but the ptype algorithm is insisting on rain for a good chunk of SNE still at 48 hours. Waiting to see the actual mid-level temps. Don't know if it's just being warm at the sfc.

850 is 0-1 throughout , cools below 0 in western SNE after 15z and out east after 21z

RGEM looks whacked out once beyond about 36-39 hours...it has pretty cold 925mb temps established over the interior and the ageostrophic component is def pretty decent on the wind barbs....but yet, it just goes absolute furnace within a 3 hour period.

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m very curious to see what BOX does with their next update.  Lots of evidence that they need to increase snow amounts...a lot...and quickly.

My weather apps are still very meh.   It sure what drives them

I don't recall such a disparity between the NWS and local forecasts.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM looks whacked out once beyond about 36-39 hours...it has pretty cold 925mb temps established over the interior and the ageostrophic component is def pretty decent on the wind barbs....but yet, it just goes absolute furnace within a 3 hour period.

Solar insolation? It is weird.

Archived