Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still within the envelope of possibilities...though chances prob diminishing.

I can still remember vividly the Catpaws of 97 splashing like huge wet pancakes then within minutes the sky filled with billions of flakes from the top down. And for JC I was at 39 degrees when the flip happenned 5 miles from the ocean at 200 ft

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'd def lean higher...but their range is still huge. Like even an 8-9 inch mashed potato cake would still be a pretty decent event there but you could also see the obs going KORH +SN 32F at like 14-15z Friday or something really early, and everyone is like "WTF...snow already?" and its game-on for Dec '92 redux.

I know there may be a pull westward of warmer temps near 850, but I have also seen the ORH magic at 32F too.  Respect KORH.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I can still remember vividly the Catpaws of 97 splashing like huge wet pancakes then within minutes the sky filled with billions of flakes from the top down. And for JC I was at 39 degrees when the flip happenned

I mentioned earlier to Will being in Auburn that morning and its pouring and an hour later all out blizzard with 2-3 on the ground. White knuckled on RT 2O my way home in my new car....great storm

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Was just watching a live stream with Harvey.  He is really not going gung ho on snowfall...yet.   I think that changes by 11

The winter weather expert on TWC tonight was getting more optimistic for heavier snows along the coastal plain.  He said the GFS and one other model (?) were calling for mostly rain, but the Euro and 1 other model (?) were calling for the switch to snow in decent amounts.  He said the models have been trending colder.

I can remember the calls use to be 2-4 or3-6 ,now models are so bad that they can never call within 2inch frames this close to a storm my forecast as of 6 pm tonight is 10”-20” I would love to get paid to have that much leeway in a forecast...I’m not blameing the Mets,I am only blaming the model updates....ALL GARBAGE....ps.Im 1 hr. West of Albany N.Y. .....my forecast ————45 and rain fri and sat! Rant over...were the heck is that cliff jumper emoji?

Archived