Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Does the sfc low truly follow that convection or is it just spitting an "L" in an area with slightly lower pressure while dynamically the sfc low takes over to the NW of that closer to the better mid level dynamics?

I don’t think it really matters either way. H5 isn’t closed at 48 so she comes north/west.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Wish I could come up there for the storm but I am stuck with work... but EURO snow map on WB isn't super great -- no one sees over a foot... any reason?  WB map not right?

The algorithms don't like to think it is snowing when the model says it is 36 degrees at the surface.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

My thought as well.

I'm only on the crappy 24hrly Apple Logo turn-right-90-degrees freebies so I can't really tell what's going on. I just see an "L" associated with a convective vort SE of where you'd hope to expect the sfc low at that point. I'm waiting for the weather.us stuff now, but it's a slower pace of life up there in Scandinavia.

Just now, JC-CT said:

The algorithms don't like to think it is snowing when the model says it is 36 degrees at the surface.

Yeah these paste bombs can be really tough on the clown maps. We still have time to dissect the lowest 2500 feet of the atmosphere, but it was crucial to get the 2500-5000 foot layer cooled first...the lower part tends to happen pretty quickly with latent cooling in a CCB scenario like shown, but the models almost always underestimate it. That's assuming we're getting smoked with 0.20" qpf per hour...stuff like that.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I'm only on the crappy 24hrly Apple Logo turn-right-90-degrees freebies so I can't really tell what's going on. I just see an "L" associated with a convective vort SE of where you'd hope to expect the sfc low at that point. I'm waiting for the weather.us stuff now, but it's a slower pace of life up there in Scandinavia.

Maybe thats why I didnt think it was a nuke...TT 24hr maps at work on mobile ftl. It looked better, didnt look like ‘the one’ but it apprently is...for some.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe thats why I didnt think it was a nuke...TT 24hr maps at work on mobile ftl. It looked better, didnt look like ‘the one’ but it apprently is...for some.

I just saw 48hr to 51hr on weather.us....it looks like just a blip. Everything dynamically is happening around the NW circulation at 51h.

Archived